Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13137 »
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 28th, 2012, 8:38 pm
This is the lynx I used, from the parts sheet
[ img ]

I see what you mean about the bridge now. Suggestions on where to add the break?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 28th, 2012, 8:45 pm
yes, that's the old lynx. the new one is floating around at some points, can't recall exactly where, but I know 2 places where she is for certain: my AU and the dutch parts sheet. the one in my AU colours is on the carrier drawing I linked you previous page, the dutch one is on here: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 323mvg.png
for the bridge. depends on how wide you want it, and how wide the aft is. but if I were you, I would first try something for those funnels, because right now the SPY-1 radars have only about 70% of the field of vision they should have.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 7:58 am
Made a few changes. Long night at work, kinda tired right now, but wasn't ready for bed as yet, so twiddled with this a bit.

Since the Kidd mast I was using had 4 names attatched to it, and not knowing which of those names to credit it to, and not wanting a list of credits longer than the ship, I did my own mast. Hopefully unique and odd enough that it cannot possibly be mistaken for anyone elses but from my own somewhat warped imagination. Don't ask what the fiddle-dee-dee is at the top of the mast. I can't think well enough at the moment to come up with some appropriate techno-babble. :P

Also added some more small boats and rafts to keep the crew happy, although the designers have assured the navy that this class is unsinkable. Hmmm..... where have we heard that before? ;)

Anyhow, V.8, and I believe, as before, I'm fairly satisfied with it.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 9:31 am
tbe problem with the aft SPY-1 radars still exists. and you now have an crew of 175: RHIB's and small boats don't count in the liferaft calculation.....

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 10:22 am
Titanic.

[Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 11:57 am
You could either widen the bridge area to move the faces out or re site them aft around the aft funnel having redesigned the area. As Ace said more lifeboats. You've got plenty of room for containers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 1:08 pm
There is no way to win here. No matter what I put where, one of y'all are going to come in and tell me its wrong.

Honestly, those aft SPY-1, which are the ones I am assuming you are talking about, from what I can see, are in an identical location to the ones on the Burke class flight I/II, Early Flight IIA and Late Flight IIA. I am having a hard time visulaizing the problem.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 1:27 pm
They have also that problems with it. The only vessels that have to say about. 100% are Spanish or Norwegian frigates. There can be others but i don't know about other.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 2:03 pm
the problem here is that the funnels are offset. on the burkes these are in the middle, blocking only a small part of the field of vision aft.
in case of an offset funnel, you have not THAT blind spot... but you have one 5 times as big, in the center of your beam
let me visualise it for you:
[ img ]
on the burke setup (lower one) the blind spot is small, and after an short distance it even dissapears.
on your setup (the top one) the blind spot is bigger, on both sides, and, the worst part, get's bigger the further you get away from the ship! as I said before, that is why the tico has it's uncommon arrangement.
solutions: remoddel your funnels and SPY-1 so that the radar beam goes over it, or move the SPY-1 radars aft of the funnels. the second solution is the best one, the first one is the easiest one (but also the ugliest, I think)

ow, and, put some liferafts on top of the hangar, dual sets like you have near the bridge. if something goes wrong with your VLS 2/3 of your liferafts will burn or are out of reach. the amount is ok, space for 400 people now.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Grays Harbor DesignsPosted: January 29th, 2012, 2:23 pm
Zephyr wrote:
This is the lynx I used, from the parts sheet
[ img ]

I see what you mean about the bridge now. Suggestions on where to add the break?

wow!!! They still exist! the 2008 drawing! :lol:

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 137  [ 1362 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13137 »

Jump to: