Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2676 »
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 26th, 2011, 8:09 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
Ok,I will fix the stern.But is possible to have the 127/54 on this ship or should I replace it with an 76mm?
Given that you will need the bow ramp for loading/unloading of vehicles and equipment, it might not be possible to have any weapon in that position. For multipurpose self-defense (small boats, CIWS, etc) it might be possible to mount a 57mm gun on either beam, but this would mean narrowing the ramp and creating a 'bottleneck.' Perhaps change the single 127mm gun to a pair of 57mm guns, located where you have the canned liferafts immediately forward of the superstructure? If they are mounted in an elevated position, this would give them decent combined fields of fire over about 2/3 of the horizon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 27th, 2011, 12:44 am
On your Allen M Sumter Class, is it possible to find room for ASROC somewhere? Since you don't have any helicopters, it at least offers some stand-off ASW.

Otherwise, I'm not certain it's going to be worth it to retain those 21" tubes. They'd be a good canidate to remove in favor of some triple Mk 46 launchers, or stick the ASROCs there. I can't say I'm in love with Sea Falcon either, but you may be forced by budget or technical constraints, though IMHO, even Sea Sparrow is better.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 28th, 2011, 7:35 pm
-LST:I prefer to have one 76mm as the smaller LST Iason Mk2 instead of twin 57mm.The RHN does not use anywhere the Bofors 57mm.

-DD Allen M. Sumner:This is ASW variant only,the 21" torpedo tubes fired surface torpedoes (Mk8,Mk15,modified SST-4 or SUT-226).The Black Sea Command had 4 ships equipped with ASROC and quadruple Mk32 TT in Cold War period (look at my Konon Class Frigates).Do not forget that Amphipolis Class were non-FRAM Allen M.Sumners (as also D-209 Katsonis) so they could not have ASROC.The Sea Falcon was lighter from Sea Sparrow,was developed to use a large amount of Falcon missiles that Air Force had withdrawned in late 1960's and finally was cheap (significant factor,because Messimvria Class DDGs absorbed a large amount of money in late 1960's to early 1970's,followed by the infamous Aerotech A-38).The Sea Falcon however was succesful and served until 2001.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 1:59 pm
Another design of an OPV for HCG,based on the Combined USN/USCG Patrol Corvette.Does it make sense?
Modifications as I wrote.Director STIR 180 for the Oto Melara 76 and fire hose gone.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on January 24th, 2012, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 2:05 pm
actually... not really.
you should use the latest version: http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... %20USN.png http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 20USCG.png
and you lack directors for the 76, you lack search systems and you removed the bloody funnel! also, 3 different gun calibers on a ship this small..... and an fire hose on top of an heli-control tower.... all are not all that good ideas.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 24th, 2012, 8:34 am
Director for the 76mm will be added on bridge in the place of that gun and fie hose will be removed.The funnel is only for the turbines,diesels has a seperate exchast at the hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 24th, 2012, 5:48 pm
You've removed one of the funnels though, and CPCX uses the LM1600, so you've really cut your top speed.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 25th, 2012, 1:24 pm
Why you do not read on template,Timothy C?I have wrote about propulsion.Also the exchaust for diesels are hull mounted.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 25th, 2012, 3:51 pm
You've still only got one outlet which can't be all that big for two largeish turbines and two diesels.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: January 25th, 2012, 3:59 pm
You're trying to force 40kshp worth of exhaust through a funnel that's barely large enough for 33kshp

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2676 »

Jump to: