Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 55 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 153 54 55 56 5790 »
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 19th, 2012, 7:15 am
Oh guys, please. You're discussing an alternate universe. A by strange circumstances and accidents differing possible reality. It's like a fairytale. Would you discuss the possibility of recognizing the wolf in grandmas bed wearing her clothes? I don't think so. And again, a friend of mine made his doctor of history with this scenario. I just do some fitting ships. So say what you think you need to say. In this special case I do know it better. I WILL NOT DISCUSS THAT ANY FURTHER.

Sorry for becoming loud.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 19th, 2012, 8:06 am
Any chance you'd elaborate on the decolonization issue?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 19th, 2012, 12:38 pm
I do agree with Ashley on his point that this is only an AU. Whether we like it or not is a sort of moot point. I think several of us were, however, to introduce some logical arguments why we think it might not have been feasible with the scenario as described; unfortunately this got out of hand by certain very emotional rants which had no place here, since they were neither invited or invoced. If I had some part thereof, Ashley, I apologize, but like I said, I believe I tried to use logic and my historical knowledge, to explain why I had to disagree with you on this point. But, it's your AU so it's your go. However, if I can find the paper copy of my AU-scenario as I outlined it in my previous post (any online records, I believe are long gone, unless PanHistoria still maintains it!) would you like to have a copy thereof?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 19th, 2012, 2:22 pm
The decolonisation thing did come up at some posts. If the option for a colony is standing alone with some other UK- or french- or whatever-colonized countries against an overwhelming and aggressive empire or declare independence and try to get somehow through that rough time, most would chose independence. Some bold will stand and fight, some will simply not be important enough in any kind and left in peace. But occupied and besieged countries can and will not have colonies any longer. The allover situation will be as chaotic as in reality, just the circumstances difer.
The newly formed nations will not have the resources or even use for big ships. Very most of captured ships and some surplus KM units will be offered to them. Surely no battleships or big carriers but masses of destroyers, corvettes and smaller craft. As Germany naval warfare depended strongly on submarines, some olderly one might be given away but surely no modern ones. Further the new state-of-the-art missiles, seen as ruler of the seas, will be kept carefully. And, of course, no modern radars. After 1949, the 40s radars are obsolete because of their vulnerability against ecm, but are a well seen expensive equipment for giveaway-ships. Masses of surplus and obsolete 2cm and 3,7cm aa-guns could be given away, too.
The process of stabalizing the newly formed empire will make passenger transportation explode. Hundreds of ship are aquired to do all the transfers of personel.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 19th, 2012, 6:27 pm
When might we get a glimpse of the detailed timeline of this AU? As in different naval battles and such? I mean, you've dazzled us with the ships...let's hear the history behind them! :)

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Ultradreadnought HMS SuperbPosted: January 20th, 2012, 3:12 pm
In early 1938 the british admiralty got information, the japanese were building a new class of battleships, superior to any existing warship on earth. The german Z-plan began to spit out masses of ships with a clear proposal: defeat of the Royal Navy. Rumors of german H-class-successors and giantic battleships made Admiral Tovey order design plans for an ship that should be as superior to any existing or planned ships as the Dreadnought once was.
What came out was a 359m long and 135000 tons weighting monster. 12 20"- and 16 14"-guns where to give here an overwhelming firepower. 24 5.25" DPs and masses of pompoms gave her an effective airshield. Her main armorbelt was 20.9" strong the lower still 9". Her engines produced 275000 hp that gave her a top speed of 29 kn. (come on, masters of springsharp...) Despite the building costs of 38 mio. pound sterling (more than the whole KGV-class) per unit two were ordered after chosing the best blueprint.
The keel of HMS Superb was layed jan.1939, a second one followed feb.1939. The hull was 30% ready, when war broke out, work was stopped. In 1940 after the armistice building went on. Reports had shown, the frightened Yamato-class was definitly inferior to the Superb-class. H-class, Iowa-class and whatever was no match for the new so called ultradreadnought.
Launch of HMS Superb was in 1943, followed by two years of outfitting. Commissioning was in April 1945, her sistership HMS Conqueror only two weeks later.
And now it's to you: what is the fate of the two ships in KM46? Make your suggestions (PN please), I will post the best one.
[ img ]
The ship is evolved from an oversized Nelson-drawing. I made it fit into SB-style (was more work than drawing a new one, but was fun). Then equipped it with details from KGV.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 20th, 2012, 3:21 pm
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This thing is gigantic and perfect

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 20th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Epicj ob! Why not have one or both go out in blazes of glory in a WWII Jutland-style action versus either H-class, H-44-type or an H45? :) (Hey, if you're gonna kill them off do it with style, right?)

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 20th, 2012, 4:04 pm
The term "overkill" springs to mind for some reason.

I'll try and SS it tonight, I'm curious to see if I can get it to work...

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 20th, 2012, 4:06 pm
Ok...

A fate about those ships.

First:I don't want those ships sunk because i loved them.

Suggestion:
(One Thing:If you see much Brazil is because i'm planing to do an AU about my country)

The US was having trouble to gain territoty in the Pacific and they can't send much troops to the Europe so the UK start to call South America to help them in gain control in the Atlantic.

But some Countries enter in the war because of the Atacks of the germans submarines but most of them remain neutral.

But Germany know the UK is calling for south america countries to help them they launch and Large task to interrupt their transport routes.

And UK now decide help some countries (especially Brazil with enourmous resources and naval potential) to build their own Super Dreadnoughts to counter the German Task Force.

Later with Brazil with a Large Fleet try push the German Task Force out of South Atlantic Sea but with the germans have more experience in the naval battles they suffer to push them out.

But Later Brazil launch their new Super Dreanought and with the Lauch of the UK's Ultra Dreanought the two countries joins to annhilate the german task force and in the end the south atlantic was clear for transpot routes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 55 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 153 54 55 56 5790 »

Jump to: