Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 12  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 912 »
Raven
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 12th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Actually, in the 1980's the Russians tested the SS-N-24 "Scorpion" Supersonic long-range cruise missile. It carried two independently targeted nuclear warheads. It was a big mama of a missile and was to be carried on modified Yankee hulls.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 12:32 am
Well considering the fact that I'm not going to have a huge navy, I'm not sure having a large missile on my ships would be viable. If people say to go for it, then I'll try to fit it in.
Also, my nation does not stock nuclear weapons. The biggest bombs we use are Thermobaric bombs that have a blast yield of close to 60,000lbs.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 5:30 am
It would still take a big warhead to make the thermobaric reaction worth a damn. Maybe a smaller version of project Thor would work for you.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 9:17 am
That and the only way you'll deliver them is by transports due to their size which will either need air superiority which begs the question why bother or will need to be invisible so as not to get shot down...

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Well, the yield for the thermobaric bomb is smaller than that of the Russian FOAB, so I imagine it won't be as big as it. The FOAB weighs about 15,000 lbs so my bomb would most likely weigh around 11-12,000 lbs.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 2:25 pm
That's still a damn big warhead for both aircraft and naval vessels.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 3:24 pm
But then again, that's the biggest weapon we have, so we aren't neccesarily going to use it everywhere.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 3:32 pm
I'm still sceptical about the usefulness of such a weapon compared to other conventional weapons that are nowhere near as big.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 3:37 pm
Yeah.. True.. There's a reason my nation still has the WIP sticker on it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Republic of the United States of DentonPosted: January 13th, 2012, 4:25 pm
So? Mine is a constant work in progress. I've changed things more times than I care to think about with it. Long range cruise missiles would offer a better solution IMHO for you at least on surface vessels.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 12  [ 114 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 912 »

Jump to: