Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
M_I_Reilly-Collette
Post subject: Re: Takao class cruiser project.Posted: December 19th, 2011, 1:47 am
Thanks, I'm working on the most challenging portion left--getting the details of the central superstructure down--after of which it's mostly little detail work. This of course requires referencing about six pictures at once, since none actually show the area in enough detail by themselves, and it's incredibly busy. One gets an idea of just how baroque Japanese ship design was for this class with their glorious panoply of curves and towers.

"Once movement was detected, the crew attempted to raise anchor and maneuver away from the shore, but the weather and sea conditions made this difficult. By the time the anchor was raised, the ship had been pushed too close to the shore to recover." Next time, guys, grab a blowtorch.

[Profile] [Quote]
M_I_Reilly-Collette
Post subject: Re: Takao class cruiser project.Posted: December 19th, 2011, 8:53 am
[ img ]

Latest update, as the busy superstructure starts to come together, most interestingly the gap between the uptakes as they're only actually trunked together above deck, which a lot of line drawings and even photos obscure (this gap is filled with something but due to the sheer number of examples where you can see straight through the funnels I'm wondering if it's a non-permanent structure).

"Once movement was detected, the crew attempted to raise anchor and maneuver away from the shore, but the weather and sea conditions made this difficult. By the time the anchor was raised, the ship had been pushed too close to the shore to recover." Next time, guys, grab a blowtorch.

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Takao class cruiser project.Posted: December 19th, 2011, 5:08 pm
This might help you

http://www.military-meshes.com/forums/s ... 831&page=7

Last edited by Weisman on December 19th, 2011, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Takao class cruiser project.Posted: December 19th, 2011, 5:13 pm
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Takao class cruiser project.Posted: December 19th, 2011, 5:30 pm
This might help you

http://www.military-meshes.com/forums/s ... 831&page=7

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: