Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 29 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3165 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 12th, 2011, 11:09 pm
I don't see any disrespect in genuine questions being asked anything but!

The whole china thing came about through strengthened commercial relations between the two countries since the mid eighties and they have continued to grow. Whilst their may be disdain for some of the things that the ruling government do their industrial base is very helpful. From my point of view the US would be playing the board to keep Atlantia from how they see it from going towards Russia/PRC etc and keeping them more in line with the Western powers. There are strict codes of conduct between all three nations certain things can't be shown/exported between nations. For instance with the WZ-10 project the AAE built airframes use avionics and systems from the US/Europe to avoid the exploitation of what would be deemed sensitive tech by other nations.
The essence of what I've tried to achieve is that we're trying to be a middle man between the two countries much the same as Pakistan was for exports and the like and to try and de-stress relations between what could possibly be a rather nasty scenario. Hope this explains to an extent my idea. Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Future Cruiser and PartsPosted: December 14th, 2011, 12:21 am
Third attempt on the FSC-H project. 2nd got cannibalized to make this one. 182.8 / 183m in length, 7.6m draught and 21.3m beam. Lots still to do but I'm happier with the overall layout of this one. Draws from my earlier designs as well as Mitch's CG/DDG design from a while back.

[ img ]

More updates to the (Still WIP) parts sheet with all the indigenous crap on it.

Last edited by Blackbuck on December 16th, 2011, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: AEBC FSC - C3 FinishedPosted: December 15th, 2011, 2:41 pm
Future Surface Combatant Type III finished. The 5"/62 is still there because I haven't finalized the 155mm setup I want to use yet, other than that should be done.

[img]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8633 ... epreciated[/b]

Last edited by Blackbuck on December 16th, 2011, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 15th, 2011, 3:12 pm
Pretty attractive, but you have very poor radar coverage aft. A boat pitching in heavy seas might have only occasional view of the sky aft. This is why the corners are knocked off of the top of the aft superstructure on the Nansen frigates, and why the Burke IIA had their aft SPY-1 faces raised a deck level to clear the helo hangar. Measurement of the latter will give you an estimate as to the minimum radar depression considered acceptable in USN service. As I recall, it's something like 5-6 degrees.

Your azipods seem far too small, probably only 10-15kshp apiece from mounts that small. For that matter, why do you have an azimuth thruster aft? You have azipods!!

Your sonar domes... I just don't get it.

Otherwise a very attractive drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 15th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Regarding the poor coverage projecting aft, would it be reasonable to split the arrays between where the aft sensors currently are and split coverage between the two masts wiring them through to the ops rooms somewhat like on the Ticos? The majority of the faces would be forward still however. The other thing I'm considering is taking a four face setup with two either end and canting them outwards.
I did have suspicions about the size of the azipods and they have been confirmed so that's a given to fix. Aft most thruster was meant to be to be for manoeuvring that would probably merit from not using the azipods, though if you think they are redundant they can co and free up space.
With regard to the sonar. The intention (not sure if in practice it would be feasible) was to have where the forward most aperture is a bistatic transmitter and aft most would be the receiver for it. The middle aperture would be for side scan.
With regard to being aesthetically pleasing, ta much!

Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 15th, 2011, 7:21 pm
Splitting the radar setup in a Tico-like fashion is entirely sensible. As for bistatic systems, you don't have anywhere near the distance necessary for anything bistatic. Not by a factor of a hundred, at least. Meanwhile all of your sonars are size-limited to short-range use at best, a 1950s level of capability.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: New attempt...Posted: December 16th, 2011, 12:08 am
[img]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/8633 ... epreciated[/b]

I've attempted to rectify the problems noted earlier on. That said there are more arrays than originally intended because of the loss of T/R nodes I'd of incurred from the canted faces on their own. Sonar is lifted from the 'R' FFGs which didn't get any disapproval from anyone regarding layout.

Last edited by Blackbuck on December 16th, 2011, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 16th, 2011, 12:25 am
It's also pretty sub-optimal. I don't get why you'd throw all that drag and weight at such a huge dome and put such a tiny sonar in it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 16th, 2011, 12:28 am
How large of an aperture relative to the dome would you allow for?

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 16th, 2011, 1:46 am
Approximately all of it. Look at SQS-26/53.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 29 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 127 28 29 30 3165 »

Jump to: