Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 8:33 am
TurretHead wrote:
I don't know if Praetonia/Finfan is a long established member from the old forum with lots of drawn ships. But if he isn't then if you want to clean up this forum I would suggest deleting members like that who don't draw anything but just come here and try and rip down the work and opinions of contributing members.
I defintely agree with TurretHead: too many talkers and only few drawers!

Maybe it would be worth to establish a "technical discussion" closed to contributors...

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 9:49 am
I'm still trying to work out who 'OP' is? That apart, my question was a reaonable one and I'll appreciate an answer in due course. Meanwhile, best advice from our Admin team to all of us is to let matters rest while we take on board the issues raised. And yes, this is still the place to draw ships, everything else is secondary.

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 10:36 am
OP stands for "Original Post", thus the first person to post in the thread, or in this case, Golly.

[Profile]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 10:43 am
So Gollevainen has a temper? He's man enough to admit it which makes him 10 times more than some sniper from the sidelines. And remember the moderators of this forum are put into the difficult position of trying to maintain a style guide for a joint drawing project.

[Profile]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 11:08 am
Lazer_one wrote:
TurretHead wrote:
I don't know if Praetonia/Finfan is a long established member from the old forum with lots of drawn ships. But if he isn't then if you want to clean up this forum I would suggest deleting members like that who don't draw anything but just come here and try and rip down the work and opinions of contributing members.
I defintely agree with TurretHead: too many talkers and only few drawers!

Maybe it would be worth to establish a "technical discussion" closed to contributors...
Second agreed.

To the later posts:

There's nothing wrong by Gollevainen for sure, he is just trying to catch some of the problems, here, surious.

About Finfan, who do think your are, and to give you the order so say things like that. People with no bunch of drawings, or non titel for anything, don't have to talk with this kind of problems.

For sure, don't make it more worse, before it's too late...

Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 12:09 pm
O.K. Thanks Tim for clearing up the 'OP' question. And yes, we may all be having some frank discussions at present, but it is still beyond the pale for a new member to begin his (their?) contributions by suggesting one of the Administrators be summarily removed by the other Administrator. We can leave him to his fate.

Only good thing recently is to see Alvama back in touch - if he was ever out of? Something will emerge out of the recent furore, though it may not be to all our likings I'm confident it will draw a line under the issues raised. My advice is that we all take a break and concentrate on the ships until Admin decide the best way forward.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 2:58 pm
Well guys consider the issue in this ligth:

Shipbucket started as small community of eigth guys using E-mails as via of communication. Among the old ones, Only I and MihoshiK (whose been rather absent lately) have remained active till this point. Colloseum came as handy addition in the later days of the e-mail ring and as not so challenged in internet issues became the adm. of the new site and forums by our kind invitation. We made huge leap in our community by starting an open forum instead of the old personel recomendation basis.
In sense, we invited you all in, and you have accepted our invitation by joining in.
Now I don't know how its done in america (where most of the complainers come from) but up here, visitors don't start demanding the householder to leave his own home when they have come too cozy in their visit. If we choose, we could easily just take this public forum out from the net and return to the E-mail chain via of communications. The orginal bucket was exlusive close circle. I don't actually recall that anyone of the most open "mutineers" where in the orginal posting list that priored the open forum. And rather frankly, the idea of returning to the old ways have passed on the talks in the amd. discussion board during these latest whinings.

So next one wanting to flame up the issue by demanding some of the orginal bucketeer's to give up their role in the community should really, really consider the whole picture BIT more deeply than sofar. We are making our best to keep this hugely grown community working and all constructive imput is welcome to make us it to work bit better and allow many as possible to be rewarded with the glory of getting his work accepted in to the "bucket".

But in the really deep end, Nothing actually requires us to do so, but our own kind souls and goodwill towards all of you shipartists. Despite all the recent activism, My respect towards those whose work stand aside mines in the bucket have not faded nor vanished. Most of the discussion here has been constructive and helpfull for us few who has to keep the whole thing running there behind. I have good impression that the future of the bucket will remain as sunny as it use to be while back ago in the past.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 28th, 2010, 5:24 pm
Sanity returns.

[Profile]
Finfan
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 29th, 2010, 7:55 pm
I'm a friend of Colo's and I was just messing about with him and with Prae (who is a totally different person). I didn't mean to cause actual offense to anyone and some of you (Portsmouth Bill, Turrethead,ect.) seem like cool guys.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: MutinyPosted: September 29th, 2010, 7:57 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 5 of 6  [ 57 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: