Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2376 »
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 26th, 2011, 2:33 pm
Well, you did ask :)

The Nikiforos type, You've been able to acheive something that proved impossible in real life: including the sam element alongside the double hangar; maybe you can share the secret ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 26th, 2011, 3:02 pm
you sure are impatient, aren't you?
well, here you go.
all versions:
- remove the NSSM reload boxes. you don't have the mk 29 over there anymore so you don't need them
- new SMART-S drawing
- new STIR drawing
- mitch will most likely deliver an updated standard frigate drawing soon. (at least I hope so, I am waiting for it for my AU and some neverbuilds)
- I will make an new SEAPAR drawing soon. this one looks very bad.
- the STIR can most likely be removed on all ships, because the SEAPAR takes the NSSM (or comparable missile) and gun guidance.
- the foots of the LW-08 are wrong. very wrong. look at the dutch parts sheet for the new version of it.
- all ships look too heavy weaponed, I will come back on that when I talk about each ship.

elli:
-no way that asroc fits over there.
- there is no nav radar.
-I am wondering about your ESSM launcher arrangement. have you fitted an mk 48 next to the hangar or something? if you have done that, this ship is very close to an real proposal for an upgrade, and by that is rather possible. (but expensive)

nikiforos:
-talking about topweight and overweight! the structure of the ship won't be able to handle all those weapons. if you want to keep the mk 13, you should lower it and scrap the following parts:
*the VLS at the bow
* the gun at the bow
* the hangar
and of course you should swap the mk 13 and radar positions, and you'd better use STIR 240 directors instead of the SPG-51s you have now. also those are now in an very bad position. for how you could do the layout of the ship better, look at the dutch L frigate.
- you should use the AAW version of the LW-08, with 2 transmitters.
- it is possible to fit an gun, an hangar and an mk 13 on an ship, you should lengthen it quite a lot though and the hangar would be smaller. this was proposed for the Dutch Hoofd Eskader Frigate.
- the nav radar has an new drawing, have to look again where I have left it but if it isn't already, it will appear on the dutch parts sheet soon
- the nav radar is on an very bad position, it interferes with the STIR.
- why do you have SM-1 and ESSM? those are very close to each other in capability.
- old satcom drawing

aegaeon:
- very close to the elli, why not just combine as was done with the dutch ships?
- there is no nav radar.
- why have you placed the aft gun on that position, while there is an much better slightly more to the front, where it should be? right now it interferes with your hangar.
- you will have to choose: mk 48 launcher OR the gun. if you have not used the mk 48 but another system it is impossible to have it over there anyways.
- the phalanxes are most likely too heavy, and with the 76 over there most likely redundant.

you wanted comments: here you got the rainfall :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 26th, 2011, 3:08 pm
If the ship wants to stay afloat in high seas, LW-08 is better dropped or do it the Japanese way...... use aluminium alloy superstructure and add a huge amount of led on the keel.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 26th, 2011, 3:14 pm
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
If the ship wants to stay afloat in high seas, LW-08 is better dropped or do it the Japanese way...... use aluminium alloy superstructure and add a huge amount of led on the keel.
have you even any idea what you are talking about?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 27th, 2011, 9:22 am
After that rainfall I got,I suggest to start from the Never Built Standard Frigates which post.The Almirante Lattore represent the L-Class.
The ARIS VI CIWS is more equivalent to Goalkeeper than the Phalanx,since it has 30mm gun and thought a conversion of Sea Sparrow (or ESSM) with proximity fuze (in half missile load of the ship) to get rid of the ARIS VI-A.So the ship can have a ARIS VI in top of the hangar.

I have been on a real Standard Frigate (the F-460 Aegaeon) about 20 years ago when Dutch Navy sold her to Greek Navy.That visit was within the Naval Week (during that week in Greece ships of the Navy are open to the public).I was impressed more from that frigate than the MEKO 200 (eleven years old),so I am determined to made the Never-Built Standards work,but not going for the monster Hoofd Eskader Frigate 2.

Now,if we forget the Nikiforos for now,we have 13 frigates of 2 versions.First subclass (F450-F455) built with emphasis on anti-submarine
warfare and were the first ships in RHN AU featured the SSM Adis IIM,a modified MM-38 with turbojet engine giving 120 km range.(All Adis familyis fictional).
So,these ships have also the AU VDS Ampitrite IV (later V) which designed in late 1960's by the Hellenic Naval Research & Development Center (private company with univerity roots) for Black Sea (version I) and for Aegean (version II/III).The distinctive appearence is that the system design based on prewar torpedo frame with all nesessary electronics inside.Using two ex torpedos side-by side,Ampitrite is a passive sonar with its own auxilliary power on the left side.The right side has mostly electronic eqiupment,but both sides have acoustic sensors.
The vesrion I was the prototype,tests and evaluation ended in 1975,when the system entered service on Perinthus Class DDs (version II),while the III was fitted on Gearing Class DDs in 1977.The IV entered service in 1981,is modified for use in Aegean Sea using experience from the III.The current V version entered service in 1994 and used together with the older IV.Also this VDS is used by the CGH Ulysee since 1986 (retrofitted in Salamis Naval Base).
Together with Ampitrite programm,the RHN Research & Development Center developed the ASROC HL1 with 22km
range (from 1978) and later the -HL2 (from 1986) with 30km range.The ASROC HL1 tested on DD Tompazis but never used from Gearings.
Second subclass (F460-F466) do not have VDS and built with emphasis on anti-ship warfare (the bow sonar retained),are capable of using the full range of the SSM Adis IIIM (Exocet MM40 Block III) after their modernisation.
Nikiforos AAW frigates are actually the last built and have the modified Mk13 for SM-2MR (RIM-66D/J),same with the NTU-Kimon DDGs,not simple SM1.Also I have in my computer the Bremen Class AAW,which I also looked after the "rainfall".

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: November 27th, 2011, 12:34 pm
I have two revised Ellis,which I edit to page 20.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 4th, 2011, 4:11 pm
My idea for Elli Class is based on the last "F807" design,for a S-class equipped with ASROC,Aegaeon subclass is more close to real S-class but without the VDS and finally the Nikiforos Class based on the second design "F808".On the F808,can I change the rear gun with a Phalanx-type CIWS?Please guys,I need your help.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 4th, 2011, 4:13 pm
the designs you call here are AU designs, not very likely to work in real life. I stated before exactly what would work and what not.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 4th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Ok,Nikiforos will be a variant of L-class.Is impossible for a Standard to be equipped with ASROC (I mean the last design)?Changes will be SSMs in place of the second torpedo launchers and a CIWS in place of the rear Oto Melara.Weights are about the same,even replacing the front Mk29 with an SAM/CIWS.Do not forget that the Gearings were already more than 30 years old in early 1980s and RHN wanted something for replacing them capable to serve until 2020 without lose its significant ASuW capabilties.
Can the hangar of a Standard modified for one AS-332F1 Super Puma?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: December 13th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Elli Class Frigates (AU)

In 1976 the Hellenic Naval Research & Development Center started a cooperation with the shipyard Royal Schelde of
Nederlands for designing a large frigate for RHN needs.This new ship class based on NL Standard frigate (or S-Class)
and constructed in three variants from 1981-1990.First two ships built in Nederlands under close supevision from a
team of naval architectures from Hellenic Shipyards and rest ships were built in HLK in two shipyards.First Hellenic
built ship,F452 Hydra commisioned in March 1983 and last,F466 Thira in May 1991.

General Specifications

Length: 130.5m
Beam: 14.6m
Draught: 6.2m
Displacement: 3050tn/3630tn
Propulsion : COGOG, 2 RR Tyne RM1C 9900hp + 2 RR Olympus TM3 56000hp,2 variable pitch props
Speed: >32kn maximum,continious speed 30kn,economical speed 16kn
Range: 4700nm/16kn
Crew: 176

Note 1:All ships are as before Modernisation Program,in about 1998
Note 2:Nikiforos Class is similar with the F122 AAW,the ESSM added with the modernisation.The other missile is the AU OMI-73B,a IR variant based on the never built AIM-7F with range 30km (and about 70km from aircrafts).
Note 3:First 2 Elli frigates with ARIS VI-A SAM/CIWS were F456 & F460,rest received it in 2000's.All Elli Frigate received this Hellenic developed CIWS in 1993-1994.
Note 4:F450 to F455 has 2 CIWS ARIS VI.Also there are locally developed proximity fuse projectiles for OTO Melara 76mm.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on December 14th, 2011, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2376 »

Jump to: