Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3065 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 9:28 pm
Only stuff we produce actually in Atlantia are the WZ-10 attack helicopter in partnership with CAIC the naval F-16 on one of the previous pages and the FA-127 stealth fighter. That said I wouldn't mind helping with just figuring stuff out either.

ETA: Oh and don't forget the unmanned helicopter based on the EC-130 I came up with.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 10:14 pm
That is a nice lookin heli carrier Blackbuck.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 10:32 pm
Muchas gracias!

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 11:04 pm
With regards to the "barely anything is made in Atlantia", you should produce it under licence, or buy licence produced items from Malpus :P

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 11:22 pm
I can see licence production of helicopters of some sort to bolster / replace the MARCOM ones coming up soon. They're really rather short staffed.

ETA: Sorted, AS.61Rs will be replaced by H-92s and AB.205s by AB.412s or AW70s. AAE Mosquitoes (EC120 UAV) will also be based upon the two larger vessels (HMAtS Berserker and Battleaxe).

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: AFPRC DeploymentPosted: December 9th, 2011, 11:00 pm
Well with the news that China is apparently gearing towards war I guess it'd be a good time to A: show what I've got in that neck of the woods being closely allied to them and B: what might go there and the possibility of Atlantia increasing military production... Anywho. AFPRC (Atlantian Forces People's Republic of China), sorta similar to how the US has troops stationed in South Korea we have troops in China, not to bolster North Korea, quite the opposite. China has become tired of the bickering between the two nations and wants to see it resolved hence Atlantia having a substantial deployment in the area...

[ img ]
Shown are the air assets currently deployed in Yantai. The current deployment (OP: Distant Dancer XIX) sees the introduction of tranche II HA-10s with the new core architecture and control systems although only two are currently deployed in theatre the remaining HA-10s are expected to be swapped out for T-II airframes by the end of the year.
The deployment also marks the first operational deployment of the FA-15SE Vampire which of which all 12 in the inventory have been deployed (31Sqn)
Also deployed for the first time is the RH-11 mosquito rotary-wing UAV (based on the EC120) which are being used to patrol between Yantai and Dalian

Ground forces on Distant Dancer XIX include: The Atlantian 3rd Airborne Division, 13th Engineering brigade, 3./bn 2./REME 11 COMMANDO (Army), 31 COMMANDO (Navy), 30AU, 14SU, 1SFSB elements, of 1RU and SOAW. Also in theatre are elements from the medical corps, logistical corps, Chaplin department and signals/intelligence corps.

From a naval perspective HMAtS Ark Royal and it's respective task-force which consists of:

R-30 HMAtS Ark Royal (Effing great CVN)
C-50 HMAtS Vanguard (Global projection cruiser)
D-202 HMAtS Tourmaline (AAW Destroyer)
D-203 HMAtS Jasper (AAW Destroyer)
D-210 HMAtS Topaz (AS/SuW Destroyer)
D-211 HMAtS Malachite (AS/SuW Destroyer)
F-902 HMAtS Electrum (GP Frigate)
F-903 HMAtS Mishmetal (GP Frigate)
A-101 HMAtS Odin (Fast fleet auxiliary)
A-107 HMAtS Dependable (Under way replenishment vessel)
A-123 HMAtS Camelot (Fleet Oiler)
S-500 HMAtS Vampire (SSN)
S-510 HMAtS Andromeda (SSGN)

Squadrons aboard 'The Ark'

NFS 100 (FA-18E)
NFS 101 (FA-18E)
NFS 102 (FA-18E)
NFS 103 (FA-18E)
NAS 200 (FA-18F)
NAS 201 (FA-18F)
NAS 202 (FA-18F)
NHS 300 (MH-212B)
MPS 100 (MP-3B)
NES 91 (E-111X)
NCS 102 (UC-111X)

Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Helifloppers once again...Posted: December 10th, 2011, 9:31 pm
With the introduction of the HA-10 into operational service in the early part of 2011 it has been noted that although a capable machine it's much more of an AH-1 analogue than the wondercopter that the air ministry specified. As such the order was capped in July at 32 as opposed to 64 airframes. These will all be upgraded to T-II standard by January 2012. This raised the question in the air ministry what would they be replaced by? HU-412s configured for assault duties can hardly pass for fully fledged attack helicopters. In October 2011 the air ministry approached AgustaWestland, Mil and AAE with a tender for 32 airframes with the condition that the HA-10 could not be re-entered this time around. The candidates for the tender were originally the WAH-64D and Mi-28 the Mi-28 was deemed unsuitable due to the amount of time it would take to tailor it for Atlantia's specifications. Denel were approached with regards to restarting development and production of the Rooivalk. Whilst they made it clear they weren't interested in starting up production in South Africa they were willing to embark in partnership with AgustaWestland to develop the type further and produce the new machines in Atlantia. On November 21st 2011 the deal was signed confirming the Rooivalk to become the supplementary attack helicopter the air ministry requested.
By December 7th there was an airframe in Atlantia for conversion to the new configuration (Block 0 Tranche I) This was one of the original demonstrators produced by Denel and so was not completely true to what the final product would be. Production of the first new build airframe started on December 5th and is expected to be completed by December 21st FT&E will commence either just before or after the new year.

The Rooivalk in Atlantian service will be type classified HA-11 and named 'Fire Lily' They will be powered by RR Turbomeca RTM322 turboshafts compared to the existing Turbomeca Malkia turboshafts used in the existing Rooivalks. The will be armed with a BK-27 27mm x145 revolver cannon like the HA-10. Like the HA-10 they will also receive the new FireFox Industries targeting gimbal featuring a combination of targeting LADAR with two electro-optical payloads for use in LWIR and a laser marker/rangefinder. The nose sensors include two gimbals one with an IR + Day/Night camera for the pilot and the second larger gimbal which features a larger and more powerful pair of cameras for the gunner to use in conjunction with the mast mounted optics. Like on other attack helicopters the gun can be slaved along with the gimbals. The HA-11 will feature a revised rotor system featuring the inclusion of BERP IV blades on a five bladed hub. The tail rotor has also been revised, to a 'X' shape arrangement of independently controlled blades. Both the main and tail rotors are proofed up to 30mm fire.

Armament wise the Fire Lily will initially be cleared with the same range of stores that the 'Tiger Lily' was though will be able to carry different combinations of them due to a higher lift capacity and hardpoint loadings. Unlike the 'Tiger Lily' however the aircraft will also be cleared to launch IRIS-T SRAAMs from four of their six hardpoints.

From an electronic warfare point of view the aircraft like the 'Tiger Lily' will be fitted with a system derived from the Selex Galileo HIDAS defensive aids suite.
Inside the cockpit(s) each crew member will be presented by two large touch screen multi-function displays as well as three small traditional ones both cockpits feature HOTAS and both cockpits can be used for either piloting or gunning meaning either crew member can fly in an emergency. Both crew members have TopOwl helmet mounted displays like those used on the 'Tiger Lily'

An artist's impression if you will follows.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Another off shoot into oblivionPosted: December 12th, 2011, 1:38 am
I'm tired and about to fall asleep but have been doodling out a cruiser proposal from AEBC for about half an hour or so. AEBC have refined their earlier designs (two of which service within the Atlantian Navy). Lots of indigenous stuff on it. Probably a lot of stuff inherently wrong with it also but I will try to remedy this and "polish the turd".

[img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/412/aebcfsch.png[img] < depreciated
[img]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8097 ... ts.png[img] < depreciated

A somewhat explanatory parts sheet. Now off to bed I go no doubt dreaming about how to improve upon this :roll: Regards, Mark.

Last edited by Blackbuck on December 15th, 2011, 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:17 am
Now that is one sexy ship :)

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 12th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Blackbuck, let me first say congratulations on putting together a good looking AU nation, it looks well thought out and your artwork is always enjoyable to take in, I'm always looking forward to your new updates. I'm particularily a fan of your various aircraft schemes that you've put together for Atlantia, it's always nice to see when someone puts a lot of effort into an Alternate Universe scenario.

I do have a couple of questions for you, although I don't mean to derail your thread. You mentioned that Atlantia is a close ally of the People's Republic of China in your previous, although I find it difficult to make a connection between the two, especially as you give the location of Atlantia as being off the coast of Ireland. Wouldn't a country like Atlantia be likely to be more closely aligned with the EU, and the United States and Canada, simply from a geographical perspective?

My second question is in light of the first, and that is to do with your military equipment. Although it's plausible that Atlantia, if it were a close ally of the PRC, might operate helicopters like the Twin Huey and the Bell 412 (the PLAAF even got two dozen S-70 Blackhawks, in the late 80's if I'm not mistaken); it seems unlikely to me that the United States would be a willing exporter of sensitive military techology like the F-15 and the S-3 Viking. This is especially true if they expected them to be positioned across the Korean DMZ from them in the event of hostilities. I could understand if Atlantia were a close ally of the Republic of China - but with the PRC I just don't make the connection considering Atlantia's geography, plausible history, and the military equipment you're operating.

With all that said, please don't take any of that as a sign of disrespect, I do have a lot of admiration for your AU and I encourage you to keep up the good work. I'm just hung up on the politics of it, maybe I just need a little explanation?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3065 »

Jump to: