Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 27 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2965 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: November 26th, 2011, 2:23 am
Yes, there was an ASuW Tomahawk in regular service, although I believe it has been retired.

Retractable rotating thrusters make more sense on a submarine, as fixed anything will have nasty flow noise.

The Gemstone is nothing if not attractive, although I find the bulb+sonar arrangement dubious.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: November 26th, 2011, 9:39 am
I agree on the retractable thrusters but I'm stumped on how to draw sets that small and still make them look like thrusters and not just odd protrusions from below the hull....

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: 'T' Class LHD update.Posted: November 30th, 2011, 4:19 pm
Not happy with the original and realizing I had no need for the ramp I've re done the 'T' class of LHDs. Still working on it but it's getting there.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: November 30th, 2011, 4:21 pm
You know what ... you are my hero of the week Blackbuck. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: November 30th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Why thank you for the compliment!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: A gunboat / missile/boatPosted: December 1st, 2011, 9:51 am
Whilst I'm redoing ships, seeing as pax is dead I thought about possibly recycling a vessel I did for Lithentis. Granted I didn't completely finish it and it will have real not totally AU parts on it, thoughts of it in general? In it's current form there's a 105mm/70 on it as 4 SSM. I'd probably replace the AU stuff with either a 76mm SR or fast-forty and the missiles with NSM. The other option is I start from scratch on a design for Atlantia... Thoughts?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 1st, 2011, 1:16 pm
i loved him.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 1st, 2011, 4:13 pm
What? If you're not going to be helpful please refrain from cluttering my topic more than it already is...

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Completed 'T' Class LHD RefitPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 8:27 pm
Hopefully finished...
Due to budgetary constraints as well as the age of the types operated I'm thinking that they'll be under-strength in the helicopter department for a while. Each operates a somewhat disproportionate mix of eight HA-79C Panther Lilies (AH-1T on steroids), six HU-205C Fireflies (AB.205) and four HC-61C Walruses (AS-61R). I'm sure this could be remedied in the short term by inter-branch cooperation and putting some AFCOM/ARCOM helicopters into the mix...
Landing craft wise the class each operate four CB90AVs (Variant of CB90 built for Atlantia differing to Swedish boats) in davits with roller shutter covers. In the well there are generally two LCUs but in some cases these have been replaced with more CB90s and/or CB18Ms. Manpower wise they have a crew of 170 (40:30:100) and have a permanent embarkation of one battalion landing group (BLaG)amounting to some 652 personnel on top of that there is then 120 for the air group. They're quite well packed in there...
As well as the embarked landing craft there are eight generously sized RHIBs that can be used for amphibious operations just as much as day to day duties.

Top speed is around 25 knots with a cruising speed of 19-20. Estimated range is 10,000km at a speed of 18 knots and 19,000 at 15 knots.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: December 2nd, 2011, 8:46 pm
This is so hoooot! I like the innovative bridge.

(are you interested in throwing up a fast list of modern helicopter / fighter / etc. for Haram (we could say Haram either buy in from Atlanta or via, possibly license building). for I have begun work to plan how the aircraft carrier fleet and helicopter carrier fleet and similar should look like, for my AU.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 27 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 2965 »

Jump to: