Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Norway coastal defence shipPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 5:59 pm
If you'd been talking about any other country then you'd be right, but Norway doesn't have shallow water, at least not anywhere you'd like to mine.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Norway coastal defence shipPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 6:10 pm
Almost all the coast defense ships built by the North Sea countries looked like 'modern pre-dreadnoughts.'

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Norway coastal defence shipPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 6:23 pm
Yes, but look at their time of construction. As far as I'm aware only Denmark and Finland actually built any CDSs post WWI.
The Finnish Väinämöinen class were buildt just like a dreadnought, albeit a very small one.
All the paper designs I've seen have been drawn along the same line.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway coastal defence shipPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 6:28 pm
She is drawn within the margin of the Norwegian Navy's shipyard Horten.

CDS of Norway use to have a draft of 6 meters +, they are built to go in the north sea.

It was a historical survey of what would have happened if the Norwegian and Swedish fleet had gone into battle against each other under the union resolution. what they came to was that (Swedish CDS is not so good seaworthiness as the Norwegian CDS, as they were built for the Barents Sea and the Norwegian CDS had either received an upgrade of weapons in the past 2 years or was less than 10 years old. But the Swedes on the other hand, had a bit large fleet.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6

Jump to: