Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 35 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3790 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 7th, 2011, 8:13 am
Ver nice work here.I am interested to learn more about this Osman Gazi,please.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 7th, 2011, 12:03 pm
It is truely becoming more and bmore interesting now. Yorck for the win! Ashley, would you mind if I used the hull of you Yorck for some of my AU projects that I have planned?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 8th, 2011, 6:40 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
Ver nice work here.I am interested to learn more about this Osman Gazi,please.
For the drawing:
Osman Gazi is a shortened and widened Arizona hull. For a US designed BB it is unusual because the USN went to centered turrets very early. The captains gallery at the stern is relict, too. Theses galleries where out since the HMS Dreadnought. The positions of the secondairy casemats are somehow weird but the main turrets left no other spaces.
For the history line:
I first want to coordinate with bezobrazov. We try to keep KM46 and the Hellenic Empire matching.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: P1000 'Ratte'Posted: October 24th, 2011, 12:45 pm
The next piece of german megalomania:
The 1000 ton tank 'Ratte'. A 11" turret, well known from Deutschland- and Scharnhorst-classes, reduced to 2 guns, set on tracks. Two big diesel-engines, one secondairy turret, some 2cm aa and ready is your personal nightmare.
As delivered, in light grey.
[ img ]
In dark grey, standard german tank color, additional armor plates protecting the tracks, some stuff
[ img ]
Camo all over
[ img ]
Invasion refit, just more armor plating, 2cm changed to 3cm, two 3cm quads added, some dumb phrases painted on, as rumbling through southern England
[ img ]
Yes, those plans existed, but due to the bad economy of that thingi, not even a real blueprint was made. And before you cry out such phrases like 'engine power', 'ground pressure', 'to heavy for any bridge' etc. etc. etc. please recognize: this is an AU. All those problems are known and solved or accepted here.
(Ha, this is an AU with built-in fully automatic Heisenberg compensation)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: H45Posted: October 24th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Well, it seems, every newbie takes Lazers H45 and devolves it to something...other. Stranger. Whatever.
Lazers H45 is great, the idea with Haunebu made me laugh out. This is my attempt, how a H45 could have looked like.
-
In 1945 rumors about some new british supersized battleships came up. They were planned to outtake any H-class design, even the outmaxed H44. So the OKM ordered a design for 'the last battleship on this planet', the H45-class. With it's 80cm-guns in four twin turrets, it would have carried the largest mobile guns in the world. With a length of 680 m and a displacement of 700000 tons it would have been the largest ship of all times. The cost would have been around 5 billion reichsmark, 25x the cost of a Bismarck-class battleship. At that point the admirals of the OKM smiled at each other and ordered another two H44-type ships and an additional supercarrier. The plans were never seen again.
The H45 would not have been unsinkable, but no known bomb, grenade, shell, missile or whatever would have been able to do letal damage to the ship (maybe one little fighter with one torpedo at one special exhaust tunnel...)
The complete air defense can be directed by radars and/or optical (manual) guidance. All radars are redundant. The main mast carries a new 3D radar (existing in reality near berlin, just one prototype).
The fore and aft decks are kept very clean. The enormous blast of the 80cm-guns would simply rip off any sticking out thing. All the aa have newly designed housings that are hardened against that blast. Afflicted areas of the ship are equipped with baffles to protect all those things.
On the aft deck there are some helipads, in between there's a lift, all aircraft are stored in the ship.
So much more details to come, but it's still a WIP. So please keep waiting.
[ img ]
Oh, I forgot to credit Lazer. Sorry man, will follow with next drawing.

Last edited by Ashley on October 24th, 2011, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 24th, 2011, 2:18 pm
Hahaha this herblir almost like "my dad is better than your father!" only here it will be "My tank is better than your tank! And it eats your for lunch!"

But I must just say that I like your drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 24th, 2011, 3:36 pm
jeeeeej no credit!!!!!!

Last edited by ALVAMA on October 24th, 2011, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 24th, 2011, 3:47 pm
Awww...Ashley, what's with the supersized font? Trying to read it on my windows phone and had to give it up...simply too large font size...

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 24th, 2011, 5:33 pm
heuhen wrote:
Hahaha this herblir almost like "my dad is better than your father!" only here it will be "My tank is better than your tank! And it eats your for lunch!"

But I must just say that I like your drawing.
Thanks. Of course it is. Now we are waiting for a bigger, more crazy, maybe G4/N4 ore whatever. Which will be naturally followed be a even more insane H46. It's just fun.
But for the real: that thingi is that big, it eats a lot of time.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: October 24th, 2011, 5:34 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
jeeeeej no credit!!!!!!
Yes, I quoted that under the pic. Will be corrected with the next update.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 35 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3790 »

Jump to: