Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1576 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 19th, 2011, 2:00 pm
Hmmm...on your cruiser you seem to have used obsolete radar drawings and also added an old LW-02 air search which is both an obsolete and redundant one. And Pyrkal? They are Vickers guns in Elwick made gun houses! Where did you get that name from?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 22nd, 2011, 10:23 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Hmmm...on your cruiser you seem to have used obsolete radar drawings and also added an old LW-02 air search which is both an obsolete and redundant one. And Pyrkal? They are Vickers guns in Elwick made gun houses! Where did you get that name from?
Thank you for your comments.To my scenario these guns originally built in HLK with license from Vickers in mid 1930's for cruisers and in late 1950's 4 more units built specially for Elli Class cruisers.Pyrkal or EPK is a real Greek defense company,you can search for it in the internet (but not very developed unfortunately).
Radar LW-02:Do you have any suggestions?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 22nd, 2011, 3:45 pm
I knew about Pyrkal, what confused me was how a Vickers-built thing ended up there, that's all!

As for the LW-02, well, first of all, there are newer renditions available in the Dutch parts sheet; secondly, do you need it at all?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 5:31 am
The Oklahoma City (CLG-5) had an SPS-43 and a mechanical height-finder (SPS-8?).Charles F.Adams had SPS-39 and SPS-40.All these radars are 3D as I know,so an SPS-39 is that I need?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 8:27 am
SPS 40, SPS 43 are 2D airsearch radars. Oklahoma City had SPS37n (later SPS43), SPS 39 and SPS 30 (which is a height findinig radar). SPS 39 is considered a 3D search radar as it scans in height as well as in direction, it was the first FRESCAN radar (frequency scan)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 10:40 am
Is the SPS-39 that I need?I have the 2D SPS-43.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 7:57 pm
Yes.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 24th, 2011, 12:47 pm
I had some problems with my internet connection,but now fixed and I edited CLG Elli with the SPS-39 radar.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 24th, 2011, 5:54 pm
[ img ]

Some CoAs from RHN AU.I am grateful to KimWerner and Maple-leaf Warrior,who design many beautiful CoAs for Shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: October 25th, 2011, 4:22 am
It still looks very awkward and non-functional.
My suggestion is that you simply don't try and pack as much weapons as you've tried. It simply doesn't fit! The hull is too cramped and has a too small displacement for such. So, scrap the SSM:s (not available during the time-period in question anyway, and not enough beam margin to fit them.), either lower by one deck the helo deck or, much more preferred, just ditch it, and lower the SPG-49/SPW-2 pylons considerably. Raise the SPS-39 Frescan lattice mast also quite considerably - and then we can begin to talk balance! Oh, and also ditch the whatever it's supposed to be radar on the lowermost position of your foremast; it's redundant!

Another thing: the Asroc you've got, besides being very heavy at a narrow point with little bouyancy at the stern, will be swamped by seas at anything, but moderate speeds, therefore it's practically useless. My advice, if you care, dump it overboard!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1576 »

Jump to: