Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2665 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: September 9th, 2011, 1:44 pm
This AU is starting to look really good, the cruisers are certainly top ten material of all our AU ships seen sofar. Its encouraging to see plausible AU ships of inter-war vintage for a chance.
good work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: September 9th, 2011, 2:11 pm
yea indeed! old cruisers!!!!!! Love you!

[Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: September 9th, 2011, 3:45 pm
I really have a soft spot for the older RN cruisers, the 'C's and 'D's are just beautiful vessels to behold. Thanks for the feedback!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: 'B' Class WIPPosted: September 9th, 2011, 6:36 pm
I've decided that my happy medium for illustrating the older boats is around 1940-1943. Older/new iterations of the vessels may come but these are the ones I want to do the most.
Anyhow, the 'B' class... (remembering they're still an in progress drawing). Half Sisters of the 'D's built around the same period to a slightly different specification. During their 1942-43 refits (Black Dog and Buzzard excluded, those underwent refits in late 1941) they landed their aft most 6" guns and had the deck built up flush with the main deck. My intentions for the refits were to have increased their AA armament but keep the 6" unlike the 'D's The single 4"s would be replaced with 40mm/60 mounts (twins) and the quadruple pom-pom with a twin 4"/45. Here's the part that's niggling me though, I'm thinking of bridging the gap between the two superstructures on the main deck with catwalks around the funnels and landing the foremost torpedo tubes. I'd be mounting another dual 4"/45 over where the forward torpedo tubes would be as well as 20mm mounts fore and aft of that. I'm wondering however if the added top-weight and height of said top-weight coupled with raising the rear deck up a level might pose issues with the stability of the vessels.

'Black Dog' and 'Buzzard' would have been refitted differently to the others. They would also have had their rear deck raised and aft most gun landed. They would have also landed their 'B' mount for a quadruple 2pdr (later a twin 40mm/60 fore and aft replacing the 2pdrs) They would of kept their 'P' and 'R' mounts leaving a total of six 6"/45s. They'd of received (as would the others) 20mm mounts on the raised rear deck too (the single 2pdrs would be replaced with twin 20mm mounts - bringing the total 20mm armament to 12)

Updated drawings representing the 1943-44 period featuring the above described amendments regarding refits and the like. There may be some minor details like life jackets and mooring equipment to add but otherwise I think that they are finished.

[ img ]
3x 6"/45 - 4x 4"/45 - 4x 40mm/60 - 8x 20mm and 6x 533mm tubes
[ img ]
6x 6"/45 - 4x 40mm/60 - 12x 20mm and 6x 533mm tubes
-----------

Thoughts? - Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 21st, 2011, 6:23 pm
Some modern stuff, planes specifically.

Airbus A310 variants.
  • AC-310A Commanche - A standard Airbus A310-300 taken up from Air Atlantis the nation's flag carrier. They feature military communications systems as well as DIRCMs (Chaff, flares, laser jammers etc)
  • ER-310C Dream Stalker - An A310-300 derived SAR/ISAR mapping and targeting platform. The main array is under the fuselage in the 'canoe' with peripheral arrays on the fuselage sides the aircraft are also fitted with a more advanced SATCOM and GPS system set than the other ER-310 variants.
  • ER-310B Dreameater - An A310-300 derived dedicated SIGINT/ELINT gathering and seeding aircraft covering a spectrum from 3kHz to 30GHz
  • ER-310A Dreamcatcher - An A310-300 derived AEW&C aircraft featuring a large array atop the fuselage, unlike the E-3 and other similar AEW aircraft the dome is static housing a 360 degree S band AESA array with further L band conformal antennas on the fuselage and wings.
  • KC-310A Dream-Tanker - Near enough identical to other A310MRTTs in service at this time.
[ img ]

[ img ]
The one I forgot...
ER-321A Dreamweaver (4): - There are 4 of these in service, they are wide spectrum jamming aircraft capable of covering multiple bands and jamming up to 350km away in some spectrums.

Last edited by Blackbuck on October 26th, 2011, 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: More aircraft!Posted: October 22nd, 2011, 11:15 pm
Still chugging along, I was originally making a huge aircraft sheet but I figure that smaller ones will A: be quicker for me to finish and B: easier to upload as a result. Anyhow, here are the AFCOM (Atlantia - Air Force COMmand) fighters/attack aircraft.
Details as follows.

AFCOM Fighter & Attack Aircraft
FA-15K2 Goldhorn (96) - Based upon the F-15K exported to the RoKAF with some differences including; AN/APG-82 - AN/AAS-42 - Link 16 - F100-PW-232 Engines + 3DTVC and revised Cockpit Displays
FA-15SE (12>48) - Broadly similar to the F-15SE offered for export by the USA but produced locally with some differences in construction including greater use of carbon composites and RAM in the airframe.
FA-18E Taranis (38>56) - F/A-18E featuring roadmap improvements offered for the F/A-18IN program. F414-EPE engines, internal IRST + 3DTVC
FA-18F Taranis (40) - F/A-18F featuring roadmap improvements offered for the F/A-18IN program. F414-EPE engines, internal IRST + 3DTVC
FA-18A Mantis (12<64) - F/A-18A+ uprated engines with FADEC and APG also fitted for improve night/adverse ops
FA-18A Mantis (13<32) - F/A-18B+ uprated engines with FADEC and APG also fitted for improve night/adverse ops
FA-127A Enfield (24>48) - AAE designed 5th generation strike fighter (think F-35 meets F-22) There are more details for this earlier in the thread, they will complement the FA-15SE in service in the low observability category.
[ img ]

A Group AFCOM-F
1 Squadron (FA-18A) (R) ~ Reserve Squadron
2 Squadron (FA-18B) (R) ~ Reserve Squadron
3 Squadron (FA-18E)
4 Squadron (FA-18F)
7 Squadron (FA-18E) (R) ~ Still forming
8 Squadron (FA-18F)
9 Squadron (FA-18E) (R) ~ Still forming
10 Squadron (FA-18F)

B Group AFCOM-F
11 Squadron (FA-18E)
12 Squadron (FA-18E) (R) ~ Still forming
13 Squadron (FA-18E) (R) ~ Still forming
14 Squadron (FA-18F)
15 Squadron (FA-18F)
16 Squadron (FA-18F)
17 Squadron (FA-18F)

C Group AFCOM-F

247 Squadron (FA-15K2)
249 Squadron (FA-15K2)
251 Squadron (FA-15K2)
22 Squadron (FA-15K2)
23 Squadron (FA-15K2)
24 Squadron (FA-15K2)
25 Squadron (FA-15K2)
30 Squadron (FA-15K2)

D Group AFCOM-F
31 Squadron (FA-15SE)
32 Squadron (FA-15SE) (R) ~ Still forming
33 Squadron (FA-15SE) (R) ~ Still forming
35 Squadron (FA-15SE) (R) ~ Still forming
37 Squadron (FA-127)
39 Squadron (FA-127)
40 Squadron (FA-127) (R) ~ Still forming
41 Squadron (FA-127) (R) ~ Still forming

Naval aircraft fighter wise at least broadly similar to the above so not illustrated.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: TrainersPosted: October 24th, 2011, 11:17 am
Atlantia's Training aircraft, first up are the AFCOM and Army assets, below are the NAVCOM assets.

T-260D Junior Hawk (64) - Alenia Aermacchi SF.260 which have served from 1973 onwards with several upgrade programs over the years. They are expected to remain in service for many years to come
HT-120A White Hawk (28) - Eurocopter EC120B which has been converted for military usage with different communications and navigation systems, these make up the bulk of Atlantia's rotary wing trainers
TA-9B Goshawk (32) - Pilatus PC-9Bs which fulfil the role of Basic/Intermediate training as well as light attack duties. Those fitted for the latter feature the same grey scheme as the TA-346s
TA-254C Hawk (48) - BAE Hawk Mk.54 Atlantia's advanced training aircraft, also has a limited attack capability
TA-346A Sparrowhawk (4>64) - Alenia Aermacchi M-346 fitted with F125 opposed to F124 engines which feature afterburners, fulfils the role of LIFT and expeditionary COIN aircraft
TV-180A Spyder Hawk (8) - Piaggio P.180 Avanti II - These aircraft are used for multiple engine training, comms/WSO training as well as utility transports withih Atlantia
TA-254N Sea Hawk (16) - Naval trainier based originally based off the Mk.54 design
[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 24th, 2011, 8:00 pm
I really am liking this, as I've said to you before, I LOVE your little bits and bobs :)

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 24th, 2011, 8:11 pm
I also love my little bits and bobs. I like the added depth it brings for me :]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: HelifloppersPosted: October 25th, 2011, 11:06 pm
I'm very indecisive when it comes to things like planes and helicopters as some of you may have noticed... Anyhow this hasn't changed for a month or more so they're going up. The whole family line of the Bell 205 has seen service in one form or another with Atlantia the majority of which were built either in Italy by Agusta or in Atlantia by Crompton. There is for the foreseeable future no replacement on the cards for any of the three types still in service. As the 205s do finally wear out they will probably be replaced by 412s.
The 212 on the bottom is the Navy's one and is in here for sake of reference to the other variants. It's not actually flown by AVFOR crews. The AVFOR aircraft feature the standard (I hope to God I don't change my mind AGAIN) paint scheme of FS34095, 30129 and 36122 (Green, Earth Brown and Dark Grey respectively). The Naval aircraft feature the standard all over mid grey scheme applied to most Atlantian aircraft. The 205 in grey depicts those used by Atlantian Marines, semi navalized with corrosion proofing and tie down points etc. These are expected to remain in front line service until 2015.

AVFOR
HU-205B Firefly (20<40) - Basic utility transport for AVFOR re-Engined with P&W Canada PT6C-67D turboshaft and fitted with glass cockpits these are expected to serve until 2015... By which time they will be at least 45 years old.
HU-205C Firefly (24<88) - Basic utility transport for MARCOM units, other than the naval features mentioned above they are identical to the HU-205B.
HU-212B Fulmar (80<110) - Seen somewhat as a replacement for the 205 or at least was these too are being replaced in turn by 412s. They will remain in service until around 2020 again fitted with a full glass cockpit and re-engined (PT6T-6).
HU-412A Martlet (32>140) - Currently still being produced PT6T-9 Engined with a full digital cockpit they also make better use of composite materials to try and keep weight down for Hot & High performance.
MH-412B Martlet (8>24) - Similar in design to the above 412 but feature SOFCOM specific equipment including TFR, winches and a more comprehensive countermeasures system.
MH-212B Fulmar (24<64) - Near enough identical to the existing bell 212 ASW variants in existance of course with some nation specific equipment for Atlantia. These are being phased out in favour of MH-92s
[ img ]

AS.92 Family
[ img ]
HU-92A Alligator (48): - Replaced SA330 in general utility role
HU-92B Alligator (16): - Replaced SA330 MEDEVAC/CASEVAC role
HU-92C Alligator (16): - Replaced SA330 in he SAR and CSAR roles
MH-92A Albatross (24>56): - Fitted similarly to the naval MH-92 at least in respect to the armament systems they also feature TFR/WR + FLIR/EO systems for adverse/night flying at low level
MH-92B Alligator (16): - Fitted with external hardpoints for external fuel tanks as well as stores including ATGMs lightweight torpedos, AShMs and gunpods

Points the same between all versions include PW100TS turboshafts, corrosion proofing, folding rotors and tailbooms for marine usage, HIDAS / DIRCMS and improved armouring around vital machine spaces and the cabin.

MARFOR
[ img ]
HU-205C Firefly (24<88): - Marine general transport helicopter mentioned previously
HA-79C Panther Lily (32<56): - AH-1T Sea Cobra upgraded several times over the years - Now feature a BK-27, MAPATS and CRV-7PG - Re-Engined with PT6C-67A engines - Glass Cockpit + FADEC
HC-61C Walrus (16<80): - Venerable S-61Rs upgraded many times, now feature PT6C-67A Engines - Updated Cockpit Systems - IFR Probe Fitted

SOFCOM
[ img ]
MH-412B Martlet (8>24):
MH-92A Albatross (24>56):
MH-70C Barracuda (12):
Revised SOFCOM helicopter schemes, low contrast markings and scheme that favours night ops. MH-70C is somewhat similar to those operated by Nova Britannia though with some slight modifications to suit Atlantian needs.
The Alligators are described above as are the Martlets.

AFCOM
Eurocopter EC155, Agusta Sikorsky S-92, Mil Mi-26 and Agusta Westland ICH-47F go here

Something to bear in mind, yes there are a lot of types of aircraft, some of them are on the way out, some are on the way in to replace those on the way out and some are in the middle of their careers so... Anyhow, regards from me.

Last edited by Blackbuck on October 26th, 2011, 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2665 »

Jump to: