Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2690 »
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 8th, 2011, 6:50 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
Seehund-class (Kriegsmarine 1946) : In shipbucket there is already a Seehund (as WhyMe said above).Does this version is impoved from previous design?
I just had not recognized DP's Seehund.

[Profile] [Quote]
dy031101
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 9th, 2011, 12:11 am
Hey, Ashley and ALVAMA, would you mind if I "steal" your Waldersee battleship-carrier for (probably not-very-extensive) modification into a modern aviation battleship?

And maybe later the enclosed-bow Graf Zeppelin?

Thanks in advance.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 9th, 2011, 7:13 am
dy031101 wrote:
Hey, Ashley and ALVAMA, would you mind if I "steal" your Waldersee battleship-carrier for (probably not-very-extensive) modification into a modern aviation battleship?
ALVAMA did the Tirpitz and I developed a carrier-conversion for a third Bismarck-class ship from that.
Do what you want as long as you do it within shipbucket rules.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 10th, 2011, 6:05 pm
Wonder what a modern-day Bismarck would look like...

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 10th, 2011, 7:12 pm
emperor_andreas wrote:
Wonder what a modern-day Bismarck would look like...

-Matt
I was going to do a Soviet refit of it for my AU.

[Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 11th, 2011, 7:00 am
That forces me to do a late 40s Bismarck class, just like the US BBs. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 11th, 2011, 10:57 am
Looking forward to both of them!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 11th, 2011, 11:08 am
The third ship of Bismarck class was the Waldersee, launched '44, commissioned '45. In some case it was a testbed for the delayed H class battleships.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: BBG Waldersee 1949Posted: August 11th, 2011, 11:22 am
In 1949 the worldwide situation was mostly under control. Some front units were sent back to the now free shipyards for refittings. The Waldersee was chosen as testbed again, this time as the first BBG. The weapons and other systems had prooven successful on other ships before, the step to the missile armed battleship wasn't that radical. The turrets cesar and dora went off, 3 twin launchers for the sam 'Taifun' were installed, including the adaption of the deckhouses. The catapult was removed, 2 twin launchers for the ssm A7 installed. Installation for aircraft maintenance was reused for the A7-launchers. All light aa was given away, just the 5,5cm twins remained. 10,5cm aa und 15cm turrets were replaced by 12,8 cm twin DP. The stern was hightened one deck and a flight deck (but no hanger) installed. Main radar is the new 'Chemnitz'' radar, an improved Wuerzburg.
[ img ]
In 1951 the Waldersee managed to detect HMS Anson near Madagascar. At a range of 35 miles Waldersee fired two A7 and hit Anson hard. Slowed down to 15 kn and missing long range radar Anson was an easy prey.

Last edited by Ashley on August 11th, 2011, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 11th, 2011, 11:24 am
I only have doubts about the helodeck: I would remove it OR remove the last launcher. also, have you added directors that could guide missiles, as I don't see much change in that part of the ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2690 »

Jump to: