Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 10:52 am
APDAF wrote:
It is not a tug the landing craft are tied to the deck until needed.
It's a tug. Its a tug with a role much better taken by other ships. Why not build one of those?

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 10:53 am
This is built when there are no LPDs.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 10:54 am
APDAF wrote:
This is built when there are no LPDs.
What about an LST? They were built around this time, and did much better than this.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 10:57 am
and of course, you had converted merchant ships which carried landing craft, and the troops, and the vehicles, and the....

do I have to go further? that is the problem of this ship: it can carry the landing craft, and one load for an short distance, but that short distance could also be crossed by larger landing craft. for longer distances this ship is useless, and an more seaworthy landing craft could do its role better then what you have now. that is the point we are all trying to make now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 10:58 am
(Adding on to Barnest) LST were cheaper and easier to build, that's what navies look for

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 1:33 pm
I will put her on hold.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Mother Class Coastal Assault shipPosted: August 9th, 2011, 2:41 pm
What about going back to the battleship? that was really starting to get somewhere...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: