Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 9  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: July 22nd, 2011, 10:59 pm
They are still fun to think about and draw

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: July 23rd, 2011, 9:53 am
Quote:
If I an wrong about the yak-38 then I apologize, but the book I read said that they were carried to attack P-3 Orions.
Just a hint, when you want to know something about soviet military, don't read western sources, exspecially not cold war era stuff.

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: July 23rd, 2011, 11:08 pm
Actually it is a western book published in 2002
And here is a better battlecarrier
To clarify the mission of them, they are made to either provide extra air support to an anti-carrier task force or an invasion force.
Here is a new ship with some mods and a F-35 that I made that has a larger fuel tank for vertical take-offs.
It is a mod of the standard V-STOL F-35b

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: July 23rd, 2011, 11:53 pm
SINJOORTJE, I understand you want to show your work off, but please don't keep attaching images without removing the old ones- there is limited server space, and when you attach images it eats into that space.

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: July 24th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Ok

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: August 8th, 2011, 5:15 am
No one responding?

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: August 8th, 2011, 10:29 am
Its a ship. It's not a bad looking ship, but it has a lot of issues. That aft missile thingy could much more easily sit on a sponson slightly lower and be out of the way of flight ops.
I don't think your port and starboard guns have enough space to rotate. Are you sure you have space around your superstructure?
What size is your main gun?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: August 8th, 2011, 12:42 pm
SINJOORTJE wrote:
Ok
Hybrid warships just don't work, and to be honest I haven't been in the mood to have an argument about why that is with anyone lately.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: August 9th, 2011, 12:13 am
@SINJOORTJE-Hybrid Warships are under the umbrella Alternative Warships and Alternative Warships that are proved to work and function without fault, are called Conventional Warships. Aircraft Battleships currently sit in Alternative Warships category and probably will stay there for a long time.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Modern Battleships- The BB(X)Posted: August 9th, 2011, 2:45 am
The main gun is an 8 In. gun, the MK. 45s I think have enough space because I modeled the position after one of the never built Iowas
Good point on the RAM launcher, my computers down so I can not do anything so can someone else? Oh and here is my take on the Kentucky class Battle cruiser from the archive. I cannot remember who made the original, but love the design. Also I have an arsenal ship that I modified from a design in the archive. It is made to look like the one from the first pic ofthis thread

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 9  [ 90 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9

Jump to: