Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 19th, 2011, 9:12 pm
With the exception of just having a unfinished hull, this^

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 19th, 2011, 11:30 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Ok, the ship you're working off of was one of MConrads OHP replacement designs, not and OHP improvement design. This is an important distinction to make, and makes this effort a lot less silly. Such a ship would share very very little with an OHP, and the person who told you to use a Mk-26 was wrong. There is nothing that a Mk-26 can launch that a Strike Length Mk-41 VLS can't (well the VLS Harpoon wasn't deployed but it was tested). A hull of this size is only going to have 32-40 VLS cells so plan accordingly. When you update this you are also going to want to use the latest USN parts from the USN parts thread in the Parts Sheet Discussion subforum.
Very much this. This is not an OHP. AT ALL. I know this firsthand because I worked off of the exact same design. Look familiar?
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 19th, 2011, 11:57 pm
Not sure why I'm credited there.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 12:06 am
erik_t wrote:
It's your underwater hull from your FFG-85 design.

W&U - You've got an old version of the TACAN atop the mast - use the one found on the CGN-39 in the archive - Also use the Satcom Dog dish found on CGN-39 or DG/AEGIS as opposed to that old black circular thing. Also, I'm not sure why you have a set of torpedo tubes on the stern where they could cause trouble.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 6:23 pm
TimothyC wrote:
erik_t wrote:
It's your underwater hull from your FFG-85 design.

W&U - You've got an old version of the TACAN atop the mast - use the one found on the CGN-39 in the archive - Also use the Satcom Dog dish found on CGN-39 or DG/AEGIS as opposed to that old black circular thing. Also, I'm not sure why you have a set of torpedo tubes on the stern where they could cause trouble.
If that TACAN is wrong then there is going to be A LOT of updating to do, and what dog dish Satcom do you mean as opposed to what black circular thing?

Why would torp tubes on the stern cause trouble?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 6:48 pm
They are in the way if the helo has to do an emergency ditch.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 7:32 pm
Thiel wrote:
Noted. I was originally unaware of the side torp mounts so moving things around won't be a problem. I'll just have the helideck extend all the way to the back, delete the stern SVTT's, and move the M134 and LRAD forward.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Wikipedia & Universe wrote:
If that TACAN is wrong then there is going to be A LOT of updating to do, and what dog dish Satcom do you mean as opposed to what black circular thing?
Well yes there is a lot of updating to do. As for the satcom, it's the thing below the aft SPY-1 Faces. The one you want is the thing aft of the nav radar above the bridge of DG/AEGIS.
Wikipedia & Universe wrote:
Why would torp tubes on the stern cause trouble?
Thiel wrote:
This.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 8:55 pm
TimothyC wrote:
As for the satcom, it's the thing below the aft SPY-1 Faces. The one you want is the thing aft of the nav radar above the bridge of DG/AEGIS.
Does it matter at all which way they're facing?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Oliver Hazard Perry Class Upgrade ProjectPosted: July 20th, 2011, 9:23 pm
The side view is a better representation of the part and better describes the shape to someone who has never seen it before.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: