Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 510 »
heuhen
Post subject: discussion forum for The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 11th, 2011, 11:28 pm
Haram

Democratic Kingdom

Haram is an old great power that has existed for a long time, no one knows how old the kingdom of Haram is, but it is
told stories about men who fought together for territories, at the time when you only had stones as weapons, but
Most say that it was not until the 1200's that one could count Haram as an independent kingdom.

Haram is made up of several provinces that are ruled by the counts, each provinces are divided into smaller areas which are
controlled by the barons.

economy

In the early years consisted income to Haram of fish, farms, stone, steel, bronze, silver, gold and iron
production. Today, manufactured / sold also: Oil, diamonds, nickel, technology, ships, own properties in other countries and selling weapons.

History

Even if one calculates the Haram as a country that emerged first in the 1200's, the country has already been around for very long in form of cooperation between the provinces which later led to a land for economic and military reason. To day, the country is a rich country it's a military force to be reckoned with, even if its government and population are not as hungry for war anymore, the military is now used only as a weight in international politics and to assert it's power over the major land and sea areas Haram has. Up through the many years the Haram cultivated great musicians, scholars, diplomats and
military leaders.

WARS

1200 The great battle of the Haram and its provinces.
International country would not allow The provinces to get a closer cooperation than they had. over 300,000 international troops and 150 ships attacked The provinces. The provinces had gathered (If they cooperated) a standing force of approx. 270,000 soldiers and 100 ships. The provinces were able to lead they enemy forces into a valley where they could block them in. Out at sea a fleet of 20 ships attacks the international fleet in dense fog while the other 80 ships flanked the international fleet.

From 1200 to 1800, there were many wars as Haram expanded to improve its resources.

1875 The first major international war.
While several countries had gone together for going to war against a country that had gone over their limits. Haram military forces and rafts was never in battle as it had been decided that the Haram would not meddle in, and instead concentrate for patching their wounds from the last war.

1877 power shift, the Great War for Haram part 1 (12 years of war).
The international forces had won in the previous war, had gotten blood on their teeth and decided that it was time to take care of the Haram. International forces attacked Haram in from all directions with a force of over 10 million soldiers and 1,500 ships. Haram had only a defensive force of 2.5 million soldiers rest of the Haram forces had died in
the previous wars and it had not been able to train enough soldiers after those wars. The fleet counted 750 ships, where Many of the ships lay at different ports and waiting for repairs. But the King for Haram said that he will not surrender without a battle and that the international forces had to fight hard to take them. thanks to the extremely talented officer and a strength of soldiers who were considered to be veterans, because of them Haram got through the war. Haram lost Half of the country, and was forced to sign documents that made that at Haram was almost not allowed to have any military at all, and that they had to pay 60% for their income for the next few years of the international countries for damaged Haram had caused them.

1882 power shift, the Great War for Haram part 2 (trap)
Haram felt badly treated and the country were starving, they had no money to pay for food, because the entire economy was destroyed then one day the King order for Haram to tear up the contract with the international countries and start building up
the countrys military forces. Haram spent the next 15 years to build up their forces and helped other countries with their conflicts, and this was part for their strategy, they would pretend that they are friendly and happy to help other country who needs it, sometimes they was so fortunate that they could help those countries that had attacked Haram in the previous war, and thus was more believed on.

1925 power shift, the Great War for Haram part 3 (20 Years War)
After several years of helping other countries and that they did not have to pay taxes to other countries. Haram started a large offensive. First up was one of the largest and richest great power, Northern Republic Vestland. After only two weeks had Haram crushed the whole force of the republic Vestland. And this would not be the innternasjonalle Forces have any of and attacked Haram. Haram was on the offensive managed to take back all the land lost in the last great war, then stopped all the offensive, except for those times when Haram attacked other countries to keep their military forces occupied, a slight form of offensive defense. Eventually Haram great diplomats managed to negotiate peace. Haram was again the big boy in the street!

The Great War for Haram military forces:

Haram
Troops: 3 million, 1.2 million deaths
Ships: 750, 560 ships sunk

The international forces:
Troops: 12 million, 3.1 million deaths
Ships: 1500, 320 ships sunk

Haram
Troops: At the start of the war, 18 million soldiers by the end for the war had the took part over 50 million soldiers, with about 15 million deaths
Ships: 2300 ships, 600 ships sunk

Republic Vestland:
Troops: 22 million, 10 million dead
Ships 800 ships, 650 ships sunk

The international forces:
Troops: 45 million in total, where 19 million died
Ships; 2700 ships, 1200 sunk

Haram today
Today is Haram is peace nation. one can find factories, banks, etc. from the Haram everywhere in the world. Haram is helping a number of poor countries and improved the countrys economy in cooperation with other international countries. There is also Haram military bases around the world. In some countries, officers from the Haram is used as the military leaders in the different countries. One can say that Haram is everywhere, you can find them even in space.

Haram military today:
Troops: 15 million in first-time service, 5 million standing strength, 200000 special soldiers in 20 divisions,
8 million home guard soldiers and 36 million reserve soldiers.
Ships: 3500 in active use in international operations, 2000 in reserve and a Coast Guard of about 230 ships.

Haram Royal Navy has always five fleets at sea for innternasjonale tasks and for other crises.
The army usually have 3 million soldiers on international missions.

Great military people:
King Tor IV.
Fleet Admiral Madon 1832
Fleet Admiral Hadok 1920
Fleet Admiral Johns
Admiral "Bigsy"
Admiral kogs
Comander "D-bag"

Country motto: Do not forget ...!

Last edited by heuhen on August 4th, 2011, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: discussion forum for The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 11th, 2011, 11:29 pm
[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on August 4th, 2011, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 11th, 2011, 11:32 pm
[ img ]

Defender class

it was built three ships in this class, they were built in the 1895. No one knows what these ships was called, because all the documents on them vanished. they were all lowered, all ready for the first year in the 12 Years War:

The year was 1897, in the port of Togo lying 3 armored ships of the Defender class. The port came under attack by the international invasion fleet. the 3 armored ships went out in the opening and blocked the port. where they also opened fire on the enemy. but after 2 hours heavy fighting, there were no guns on this three armored ships, they had been shot with everything they had even with pistols, just a sinking hulls which laid out in such a way that they are blocking the port completely.

weapon:
2*twin 250 mm guns
8*singel 100 mm guns
under water torpedo

[ img ]

Fleet Admiral Hadok class

Building year 1874
number ordered: 7
build: 5
lost: 3

BattleShips of the Fleet Admiral Hadok class was regarded as one of the most powerful battleships when they were launched. It was built 5 of them and they were all in the same fleet. The fleet was called the 9. battleship fleet. The fleet had a total of 35 battleships, this fleet did also most damage on enemy naval forces.

On the way back to base to load up with cool and amunisjon came Battleship Fleet Admiral Hadok under attack by four battleships, these battleships were heavy and slow but had good guns, Fleet Admiral Hadok was one of the fastest battleships in the world and drived almost a circle around the four battleships. after 4 / 5 hours of fighting with all the evasive action. managed Fleet Admiral Hadok to sunk 2 and injured the two others. Fleet Admiral Hadok was so damaged that she had to go straight in to the docks, where it was the rest of the war.

Weapon
8*twin 350mm guns
26*singel 127mm guns
under water torpedo

Last edited by heuhen on July 22nd, 2011, 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 11th, 2011, 11:53 pm
This is certainly one of the better AU's out of the box and can even stand to give Golly a run for his money, so I'm looking forward to what comes. Especially since we have few AUs that start at the turn of the century, and most of them are, quite frankly in need of a lot of work out of the gate.

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 12th, 2011, 12:30 am
Absolutley Beautiful :)

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 12th, 2011, 12:56 am
...oh, I didn't realize it was you who made this, heuhen :p

Either way, it's leagues above your earliest efforts and even about the later efforts of your other AU. This is frankly what AUs should be like, and is one of the points I was trying to demonstrate with the AU I was working on.

BTW, I'm also glad to see you finally am able to make good-looking funnels :p

The only thing I can suggest is that you need to adjust the shading and coloring on your superstructure casemates so that they "transition" better.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 12th, 2011, 1:18 am
i agree!

btw. I will also give each vessel its own history

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 12th, 2011, 8:39 pm
The ships seems to be quite a bit ahead of their time. 1874 is much too early for an all-big-guns ship and firecontrol also seems to be too advanced.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 13th, 2011, 8:05 am
Quote:
even stand to give Golly a run for his money
;)

But yea, Nice to see good AUs of actually drawn ships (and flags; WIN)
The Defender class looks perhaps bit too modern for 1860's ship (unless this is completely alternative timeline), I would suggest more of mid 1895 or so to be closest to his looks (the shape of turrets and non-casemated secondaries)

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Kingdom of HaramPosted: July 13th, 2011, 8:18 am
Gollevainen wrote:
Quote:
even stand to give Golly a run for his money
;)

But yea, Nice to see good AUs of actually drawn ships (and flags; WIN)
The Defender class looks perhaps bit too modern for 1860's ship (unless this is completely alternative timeline), I would suggest more of mid 1895 or so to be closest to his looks (the shape of turrets and non-casemated secondaries)
nice to now!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 510 »

Jump to: