Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 34  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1534 »
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 3:33 pm
I wondered what people would make of the heavily modified Ingr class corvette. It's lost it's heli-pad, gained some SSMs and an anti-sub rocket launcher. Radar set up has massively changed. Decoys have been changed, as has the forwards gun. It's got slightly lower, and the bow has been angled slightly more.
Also, there is a hatch aft now. Is this a good way of representing a dipping sonar?
[ img ]
Yes, it needs more work. More doors. More windows. Maybe some more firefighting equipment.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 3:34 pm
that nav light is in an very bad position. it is shielded by the boat and the gun. I put it on the bridge wing most of the time, because that spot needs an clear view as well (for other reasons, but same conclusion :P)

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 3:44 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
that nav light is in an very bad position. it is shielded by the boat and the gun. I put it on the bridge wing most of the time, because that spot needs an clear view as well (for other reasons, but same conclusion :P)
OOh so it is. Hadn't thought of that. I'll shift it out towards the bridge.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 3:58 pm
glad that I can help instead of only being irritating :P

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 4:01 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
glad that I can help instead of only being irritating :P
Oh the stuff you tell me is really useful :P I can but learn after all. I'll be able to to it all one day.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 4:10 pm
One very minor improvement.If you put the flight ops on top of the hanger it won't inerfere with the helo on take off and landing,give you a bit more room.Just a suggestion :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 9:43 pm
barnest2 wrote:
Right. This is the last of these I'm putting up. I've done my best to add firefighting equipment, to add lights, to add as much access to the upper deck as possible. I don't have enough room anymore really. So this is now going on the front page (assuming there are no glaring problems involving the guns or something.)
The torpedoes are a dual set mounted on various classes such as the Sovremmny frigates. The guns are the earlier version of the 100mm.
[ img ]

Those are not earlier versions of the the 100mm. You need the 100mm Ak-100, not the Ak-190. Please change those.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

Last edited by Obsydian Shade on July 8th, 2011, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 10:08 pm
Alright chap :) no need to shout :)
[ img ]
are you happy now :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Much better, bit early for stealth mounts. Also, they go with the rest of your design, and help give it the proper period feel.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: July 8th, 2011, 10:14 pm
SpamBot 454 wrote:
Much better, bit early for stealth mounts. Also, they go with the rest of your design, and help give it the proper period feel.
Sorry. Didn't realise that's what they were when I mounted them. Oh well, alls well that ends well

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 34  [ 331 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1534 »

Jump to: