Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 20  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1320 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 18th, 2011, 7:42 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
You clan place the harpoons on the bridge (Behind APAR).
that is possible, but we have a lot of unused space because of the reactor refueling hatch, why wouldn't we put the harpoons on top of that? the space aft of the APAR can better be used for other stuff, especially if the GK is on top.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 18th, 2011, 7:59 pm
I'll change the Smart-L mast. Never really liked it anyways.

As for the part of the bridge behind the APAR, I was thinking of some sort of close defence weapon there. A machine gun or autocannon, probably. And maybe another one further aft.

Ace, if I may ask: why put harpoons on the midship if I have VLS already? It doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure there's a good reason for this.

Also, out of curiosity, will a hull like this be able to maneuver in brown water operations? More specifically, large rivers? It doesn't seem that deep, but maneuvrebility might be a problem considering the ship is rather long. (Then again, the azipods might fix that.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 18th, 2011, 8:06 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
MitcheLL300 wrote:
You clan place the harpoons on the bridge (Behind APAR).
that is possible, but we have a lot of unused space because of the reactor refueling hatch, why wouldn't we put the harpoons on top of that? the space aft of the APAR can better be used for other stuff, especially if the GK is on top.
Suggestion?
I dont see any need for anything else, exept if you increase the superstructure there.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 18th, 2011, 8:17 pm
Andorianus wrote:
I'll change the Smart-L mast. Never really liked it anyways.

As for the part of the bridge behind the APAR, I was thinking of some sort of close defence weapon there. A machine gun or autocannon, probably. And maybe another one further aft.

Ace, if I may ask: why put harpoons on the midship if I have VLS already? It doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure there's a good reason for this.

Also, out of curiosity, will a hull like this be able to maneuver in brown water operations? More specifically, large rivers? It doesn't seem that deep, but maneuvrebility might be a problem considering the ship is rather long. (Then again, the azipods might fix that.)
well, there is no real VLS launched harpoon in reality. and large rivers would be possible, but maybe add an bow thruster if needed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 18th, 2011, 8:22 pm
Aside from docking, a ship like this would never venture into a river. Too many dangers and little to no time to react on them in.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 18th, 2011, 9:41 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
Andorianus wrote:
well, there is no real VLS launched harpoon in reality.
Well it does free up some cells to make Harpoon not VLS launched Ace, VL Harpoon was tested, just not bought.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:57 am
Quote:
Aside from docking, a ship like this would never venture into a river. Too many dangers and little to no time to react on them in.
My country in Nationstates has several canals and rivers to connect the northern sea with the eastern islands sea. (I can show a map if that helps.) Combat will not occur in those rivers though. So for that, should I add a bow thruster, or will the azipods do?

And I'm willing to try that VLS harpoon if possible. I mean, this thing has a lol-amount of VLS. Lack of launchers is not of concern.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 19th, 2011, 12:20 pm
Also, leaving the Harpoons alone, I have came up with the new version:

[ img ]

Many adjustments for stealth. All vertical surfaces facing forward or backward are now angled to the edges of the ship and slightly upwards. This should help in deflecting radar waves. The only exception however is the hangar door, although looking at that again I think I could do the same with the hangar.

I might have messed up the aft of the ship in the process. If so, do tell; I can still fix that.

I have also adjusted the bridge again. And I have removed that navigational radar; it should be placed somewhere else in order to leave the goalkeeper unobstructed, no?

EDIT: I just realise, with this new stealth pattern the gun will have to be adjusted too. I'll do that as soon as possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 19th, 2011, 8:11 pm
Maybe use the Millennium Gun, as it has a reduced RCS (stealthy) case.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis Class CruiserPosted: June 20th, 2011, 8:07 am
Do you mean as a replacement for the CIWS, or as an addition to the machine guns and autocannons?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 20  [ 196 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1320 »

Jump to: