Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 11:29 am
Rodondo wrote:
the QM2 is possibly the only one in service that is like the old liners, shame really
'

Yeas I do agree on that!

[Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 2:12 pm
"Norwegian Cruise Line Epic"

Is that a ship or a building with a bow?

[Profile] [Quote]
unrealities3d
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Thiel wrote:
Urgh! I'd forgotten just how ugly cruise liners are.
"Tupperware" ships indeed...

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 6:46 pm
This thing is enormous. I saw it in the train when closing into Amsterdam Central station.
Elizebeth is her name.
[ img ]

If you cant spot her, she is that white large building on the right.
Look how huge!

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
CanisD
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 6:58 pm
The black hull on the Cunard ships really helps them look better. Its bad enough that the designs of most cruise ships today are hideous, but on top of that you have the bland whitewash color scheme with occasional stripes and such that would look more appropriate on a low-rider in East LA. The Disney ships look especially nice IMO with their twin funnels and black hulls. Nothing beats the classics though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 7:37 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 7:58 pm
CanisD wrote:
The black hull on the Cunard ships really helps them look better. Its bad enough that the designs of most cruise ships today are hideous, but on top of that you have the bland whitewash color scheme with occasional stripes and such that would look more appropriate on a low-rider in East LA. The Disney ships look especially nice IMO with their twin funnels and black hulls. Nothing beats the classics though.
Yeah, I think it comes from the "every deck must be a promenade deck" rule for cruise ships, which, well, makes it look like a floating flat building.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 8:02 pm
The name is certainly appropriate.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 9:10 pm
CanisD wrote:

I agree with that. I actually like the NCL Epic's design. But the disney and Cunard ships are the best looking.... Same with most of the Vista class in my opinion.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 10th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Vista class and other Cunards Queens still try to resemble a ship.
[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: