Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 21  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 6th, 2011, 10:30 am
[ img ]

This should address the above problem. These are the redo of the Amphitrite Klasse with the new radar system. It resembles SPY-3, but it really isn't that system, rather a less capable version with whatever tech that the USA will release, can be developed in house, or found abroad, and adapted.

The bottom version is the preferred version, using underwater exhaust, and such goodies as a VL Nukla launcher. I don't much about depicting that stuff, so I'm sure I've likely gotten some things wrong.

Lastly, the missile is my redone version of the Otomach. My friend simmed it as a non-ramjet, so I had to adapt the missile, especially as it was to be launched from a VLS tube, the same size as Tomahawk. Regards there being two ASMs carried, NSM is for use smaller, shorter ranged targets, as the other system is extremely expensive.

The redesign was brought on by the cancellation of the Dido Repalcement project, and the decision to build more Amphitrites, as opposed to the other four Cybele Klasse vessels originally ordered. The RZM, seeing that this would likely be the main surface combattant for the next 20+ years, would have ordered their redesign from the originally intended, less capable ASW platform, to this. Talk about Capability Creep!

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 6th, 2011, 10:37 am
You'll still need air intakes no matter where your exhaust is placed.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 6th, 2011, 11:18 am
Quote:
You'll still need air intakes no matter where your exhaust is placed.
I couldn't find any indication of obvious ones in the A-100 and A-200 Meko drawings I checked. Is it possible someone has found a way of hiding the things?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... p_F147.jpg

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 6th, 2011, 11:27 am
MEKO A-100
[ img ]

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 6th, 2011, 11:47 am
What you have there is one of the less advanced versions built for Poland. Notice the traditional stack, as opposed to the underwater exhausts. One logical place they might be hiding is the rear of the mast, and hence not visible from the side view.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 9th, 2011, 3:11 am
[ img ]

My latest take on the Amphitrite Klasse with the masts distributed in an island fashion to ensure one lucky hit doesn't take out all the systems. The Germans are using this idea with their latest frigate, I believe.

One possible change being mooted is an OTO 155mm gun (AU) with their line of Vulcano munitions in that caliber.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 21  [ 206 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21

Jump to: