-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: May 25th, 2011, 12:19 pm
I've always liked clipper or "Atlantic" bows, so it just had to have one.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: May 25th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Now that's a ship you should definitely have your Otomat II equipped on. If you need more VLS cells, put them further fore, ahead of the turrets on the foredeck.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: May 25th, 2011, 4:40 pm
VLS cells aren't a problem--each BCG has 224 of them. I need to draw a new missile to take into account it is no longer a ramjet, that is the delay.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: May 25th, 2011, 9:55 pm
Yay. Now your moldly old BC's actually can be useful for a change. :-p

I was honestly always unsure how well they'd be able to compete with Ruskie derived ships, since capable AShM's are always plentiful when it comes to Russian designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: May 26th, 2011, 6:26 am
Their purpose isn't to slug it out with Kirov, it's to provide a show of power intended to act as a deterrant to some of the lesser nations in the region, and to function as a command platform. These vessels were used in action as recently as the Libyan affair, when the Pallamaran carriers were off providing humanitarian relief to Japan.

Their firepower made those Libyan coastal roads untenable and forced the Libyan army to stay out of range of their guns which effectively denied them striking at anything along the coast. While their 12" guns were nothing like the 16" weapons of the retired Iowa class, they were still enough to act as credible deterrant. Combined with the Vulcano munitions of the frigates, they were able to inflict heavy damage and act as a persistant presence in theatre.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 5th, 2011, 7:52 pm
[ img ]

I felt the need to update my Gaia Klasse carrier, with the second lift, and with the new radar added, since Herakles is ugly, and not made to guide American weapons. Unfortunately, I have a nasty suspicion I've buggered the radar bit up but good.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 5th, 2011, 8:08 pm
you'll need some directors for the missiles with this radar system

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 5th, 2011, 8:19 pm
The system is supposed to be a next gen system that doesn't require directors, but is there a better way I can illustrate this? My idea was a labotomized Spy-3. This is the same radar I want to replace Herakles with on my Amphitrite Klasse FFGs.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Grand Duchy of PallamaraPosted: June 5th, 2011, 8:38 pm
hmm... the best thing to achieve that would be to let it not look so much like AEGIS. is it your intention to make it do both search and tracking/targeting, or are you gonna use 2 different systems for that?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 21  [ 206 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21 »

Jump to: