Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 5:02 pm
ok heuhen, thanks for clarifying. I wasn't wrong after all :D
@ gilles: I think this means you can do it..... pm me if you can't find the correct gun or if you have other problems.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 5:07 pm
funny but not totaly.. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deHa8Mwv6MQ

[Profile] [Quote]
Gilles
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:32 pm
here, i think i have finished it, tell me if it's missing something
you will see some difference between MConrads and mine because he did the prototype version and he didn't did a perfect side view

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:41 pm
yours is wrong on some points, though.
1: the gun: an newer drawing of it can be found in the parts sheet renewal thread.
2: the colour of your lines isn't entirely correct, but that's an usual thing for beginners. instead of the 'all grey' you should use an darker shade of the camo colour.
3: I would like an underwater hull. references for that are to be found in the PDF heuhen posted.
4: the small sensor in front of the bridge looks a bit too small
5: I miss the missile (and maybe it's canister in open position)
6: I miss some details, such as the naming board and hatches.

also, I originally had in mind you would make 'fixes' to mconrads drawing instead of redrawing it, you have to do reaally good work to make something good enough to replace his work. I have to say, you have done quite a good job, and with the above fixes, it is beginning to look good.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Well, the gun is wrong as I'm sure Ace will point out in a moment, the light grey lines should be replaced with a darker shade of their respective backgrounds, I think you've used the wrong director, two-pixel black lines are a definite no-no, solid blocks even more so, the MASS(?) launcher could do with some more detailing, the PT number is much too dark,you've forgotten to draw the exterior platforms on the mast and the stuff they're carrying and you haven't drawn the name sign or whatever that thing just aft of the mast is in the picture.

Edit: Ninja'ed

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gilles
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:25 pm
so here is the correction, i changed the gun, i put the missile (i didn't put it the first time because they don't have them yet), i completed the underwater hull, i tried to correct the colour of the lines, the small sensor in the front is the good size (scale measure with an actual picture), for the hatches, i didn't found more

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:35 pm
The grey lines should have the same base colour as the hull around it, just a darker shade.
In this case that means dark brown where the ship is brown, dark grey where it's grey and dark tan where its tan.

The gun is still wrong. There's a new drawing available in the parts sheet discussion thread.
The mast lacks several platforms.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:36 pm
here here, now I've done your work!
I fixed the gun and lines for you, the underwater hull should be slightly deeper (correct me if I'm wrong on that) and the launcher (that is that thing in front of the bridge) should have more details. Thiel's points should now be adressed, you've forgotten a few
[ img ]
EDIT: a thiel, you were before me this time :P to be certain: here above I refer to the previous post of Thiel as well ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gilles
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:47 pm
the missiles lanchers are behind th super structures (integrated in the ship), the "thing" in front is the mass: [ img ]
where did you found the gun? because i searched but i didn't found that one
thank you for the corrections

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: first drawing - skjold patrol boatPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:52 pm
the gun was to be found in the topic I said you should look ;)
and the MASS is an launcher as well.... so I meant that one :P
and no problem for the corrections, I will always be glad to help the new guys, as long as they improve themselves and don't ever make me do the same things again :D :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: