Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Type22 offtopic contentPosted: April 29th, 2011, 6:36 am
Im not going to upload every single member of the class into the bucket, just becouse they show different shield, this shipbucket, not badgebucket. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 8:19 am
Gollevainen wrote:
Im not going to upload every single member of the class into the bucket, just becouse they show different shield, this shipbucket, not badgebucket. ;)
Actually, most of them also have several differences on the ships themselves as well.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 29th, 2011, 10:38 am
Thiel wrote:
Gollevainen wrote:
Actually, most of them also have several differences on the ships themselves as well.
If there are major differences inside the class, then naturally I will upload the drawings, but like I said, mere pennant number change doesen't suffice for it.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: April 30th, 2011, 3:27 am
It's almost the weekend coming on, so won't have time to edit anything till Monday. Yes, Kim, I noticed too the error on Broadsword, so, don't save that version, I have a new, cleaned up one, but, as I said, it'll have to wait till Monday.

As for Golly's rather snippy comment: I've never asked for these ships to be uploaded, have I?, However, if you only in such arbitrary manner can dismiss matters without looking at them, unlike how other viewers have done, then I challenge your ability to perform your moderator tasks with sufficient ability. Now, I really don't care if you upload these or not. It's no problem for me, I couldn't care less, since efforts like this can be met with such capricious attitude. But the catalogue is here, for other, more appreciative members to peruse and, perhaps even enjoy! As for further drawings, such as the requested Type23 (which already exist, though in an old form) I'm not sure I will do them. - And if you don't care to upload them, citing that there are only badge or pennant number differences, then I can always upload them at, say Blueprints.com.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 1st, 2011, 4:23 pm
What Golly means is that there is no reason to upload every single ship in one class, due to practicalities of space and repetition.
One good example of each the Batch I, II and III would suffice plus the Brazilian, Romanian and Chilean versions for the bucket.
We love looking at all of these but as a catalouge of ship types there is little need for a dozen versions of the same class (unless there are obivous differences in appearance and layout and fit etc). After all if someone posted all 50 Perry's that would be the height of madness and know-one would want to look at all of those on Shipbucket. So I urge you at the next uploading session to put forward those ships you think look the best to represent each batch and the foreign operators. At the end of the day the whole object of this forum is to get great art of all the world's major warship classes onto the bucket.

We do appreciate the work your putting in to represent all the ships in the class and you amazed me with how quickly you've developed.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 1st, 2011, 4:34 pm
Hood wrote:
What Golly means is that there is no reason to upload every single ship in one class, due to practicalities of space and repetition.
One good example of each the Batch I, II and III would suffice plus the Brazilian, Romanian and Chilean versions for the bucket.
We love looking at all of these but as a catalouge of ship types there is little need for a dozen versions of the same class (unless there are obivous differences in appearance and layout and fit etc). After all if someone posted all 50 Perry's that would be the height of madness and know-one would want to look at all of those on Shipbucket. So I urge you at the next uploading session to put forward those ships you think look the best to represent each batch and the foreign operators. At the end of the day the whole object of this forum is to get great art of all the world's major warship classes onto the bucket.

We do appreciate the work your putting in to represent all the ships in the class and you amazed me with how quickly you've developed.
I'll think most of us agree with you and Golly, but we also have to recognize the hole idea that Bezobrazov represent here: The possibility for those who have interest in having a personal shipbase of the complete serie of a certain type of vessel. I for my self have copied all these excellent ships to my own pc, so I'm happy that Bezobrazov did this major effort ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 1st, 2011, 4:42 pm
Quote:
but we also have to recognize the hole idea that Bezobrazov represent here: The possibility for those who have interest in having a personal shipbase of the complete serie of a certain type of vessel.
yeah...untill some geaser decides how nice it would do all of the Gearing class destroyers in same vane ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 1st, 2011, 5:55 pm
rickdog wrote:
Quote:
It`s been a very long time since my last post here, since my contribution here was only limiting itself to praise the work of others, but nothing coming out of me, which annoys many as well. And as I´m not into drawing any longer, I might as well not post much, to not annoy anyone,
Woah :o Where have you been amigo? I thought you'd gome missing like so many other old hands. And I don't accept that you can't draw - no way! I recall your Greenpeace ships as being pretty good so this is a load of tosh ;) Anyway, good to hear your still out there :)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 9:49 pm
I have followed Kim's advice and dated the pictures. I went one step further, though, and researched where their most prevalent deployment was during the year. For those that lacks it, it should be understood that the ships had yet to receive deployment orders, or were in reserve. Since I didn't have spece at the upper right corner, i decided to put the dates with deployment details at the upper left corner instead.

I hope, Kim, with this addition, you may elevate it to "marvelous" :lol:

Anyway, the Roanian and Brazilian ships remain to be done...it's quite a drudge... :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 3:21 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Quote:
but we also have to recognize the hole idea that Bezobrazov represent here: The possibility for those who have interest in having a personal shipbase of the complete serie of a certain type of vessel.
yeah...untill some geaser decides how nice it would do all of the Gearing class destroyers in same vane ;)
I volunteer :P ;) :D

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: