Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 15th, 2011, 3:01 pm
Quote:
Haha, I thought I was bringing something new to the forum hope you dont mind!
Not at all, and you are quite entitled to draw and post what you choose; its more a question of respect for another members project, where we don't duplicate their ship while it is still 'work in progress' in its own posting. Likewise, many of us have a list of ships we are working on. Where one of these hasn't yet appeared as WIP, it would be quite okay to question if it is yet 'on the stocks', when you would like to take on that ship yourself.

That said, good luck with your drawings :)

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 15th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Quote:
Haha, I thought I was bringing something new to the forum hope you dont mind!
Not at all, and you are quite entitled to draw and post what you choose; its more a question of respect for another members project, where we don't duplicate their ship when it is still 'work in progress' in its own posting. Likewise, many of us have a list of ships we are working on. Where one of these hasn't yet appeared as WIP, it would be quite okay to question if it is yet 'on the stocks', when you would like to take on that ship yourself.

That said, good luck with your drawings :)

Nice one mate, no worries! I look forward to seeing yours. This is where I am so far...

- New WIP below -

Last edited by jabba on April 15th, 2011, 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 15th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Wellcome aboard jabba!!
Your drawing reminds me those made by Andrew Arthur, a.k.a Unknown here at Shipbucket.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 15th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Ok, is that a good thing or a bad thing?!

WIP:
- attachment deleted -

Last edited by jabba on April 18th, 2011, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 16th, 2011, 9:13 am
We have progressed far from the old days of unknown's work and your work is very much like Unknown's.
We have standard parts for guns, directors etc. At the moment this drawing is far from the current basic SB standards.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 16th, 2011, 12:53 pm
Hood wrote:
We have progressed far from the old days of unknown's work and your work is very much like Unknown's.
We have standard parts for guns, directors etc. At the moment this drawing is far from the current basic SB standards.
I totally agree. I have started to use different colours for parts of this drawing, and I'll check the part sheets for those things you have mentioned :)

Do you have any more pointers for this drawing in particular to get me up to standard? I have done a couple of smaller drawings now, but this is the one a started first when I joined a few days ago, so I'd like to get it looking perfect eventually!

Last edited by jabba on May 31st, 2011, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: April 18th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Latest, starting to make improvements...
Attachment:
Belfast Working.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Darkproxy
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: May 31st, 2011, 2:02 am
nice work xeroxing

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: I'm new, here's my first attempt in progress...Posted: May 31st, 2011, 2:45 am
Darkproxy wrote:
nice work xeroxing
Please don't get yourself into trouble by feeding the troll - erik_t

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: