Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
wkstl
Post subject: Chinese Sovremenny-class destroyer ModificationPosted: November 20th, 2016, 2:44 pm
According to information from network, Chinese Sovremenny-class destroyer Hangzhou(DDG-136) has been in duck for more than one year for the rehabilitation and modernization. I can confirm following status of modernization from the analysis of photographs:
Russian MR-750 "Fregat-MA" (Top Plate) 3D air search radar is repalced by Type 382 "Sea Eagle-S/C".
New added Type 364 Radar for the sea-skimming AShM alert.
Russian 3K90E "Shtil" (SA-N-7/12) SAM is repalced by HQ-16,the 3S90 single-arm missile launchers have changed into 32-cell H/AJK-16 VLS (also can launch CY-3/Yu-8 ASROC).
New Added 24-cell HQ-10 launcher.
Russian 3M80E "Moskit" (SS-N-22) AShM is repalced by YJ-12A.
Russian AK-630 gatling guns is repalced by H/PJ-11 gatling guns (Type 1130 CIWS)
Russian RBU-1000 anti-submarine rocket launchers are replaced by Type 87.
Russian DTA-53-956 ASW torpedo launchers are replaced by 324mm tubes for Yu-7.
New Added Type 726-4 18-tube decoy rocket launchers.
New EW system similar to those on Type 054A Frigates.
[ img ]

Last edited by wkstl on December 24th, 2016, 11:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Chinese Sovremenny-class destroyer ModificationPosted: November 20th, 2016, 3:51 pm
a few questions / comments......
- some parts, especially the guns, look really outdated compared with the new parts added on. luckily, Gollevainen already has them redrawn in the most recent russian parts sheet, IIRC, found here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 6&start=30 I think he also updated the Hangzou drawing itself, found here viewtopic.php?p=54338#p54338
- I have quite a few doubts about that hull shading being applied correctly. there is no shame in not doing hull shading if you have no information about the hull shape, but what you have shaded now for example suggests the widest point of the ship is the sonar bulb :P
- any reason why you did not use the shipbucket standard template text? (the web adress in the lower right corner and the name and author to the right of the scale bar) right now you have not credited the original author.
- I am really interested, the 1130 CIWS and the CIWS missile launchers are really fat looking on your drawing. I am used to the goalkeeper and the Mk 49 RAM, but these look almost ridiculously oversized compared with those. is this really the case, am I seeing things wrong or did something go wrong with the drawing?

EDIT: what I almost forgot to say, but still is required here: nice work!

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: Chinese Sovremenny-class destroyer ModificationPosted: November 20th, 2016, 4:05 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
a few questions / comments......
- some parts, especially the guns, look really outdated compared with the new parts added on. luckily, Gollevainen already has them redrawn in the most recent russian parts sheet, IIRC, found here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 6&start=30 I think he also updated the Hangzou drawing itself, found here viewtopic.php?p=54338#p54338
- I have quite a few doubts about that hull shading being applied correctly. there is no shame in not doing hull shading if you have no information about the hull shape, but what you have shaded now for example suggests the widest point of the ship is the sonar bulb :P
- any reason why you did not use the shipbucket standard template text? (the web adress in the lower right corner and the name and author to the right of the scale bar) right now you have not credited the original author.
- I am really interested, the 1130 CIWS and the CIWS missile launchers are really fat looking on your drawing. I am used to the goalkeeper and the Mk 49 RAM, but these look almost ridiculously oversized compared with those. is this really the case, am I seeing things wrong or did something go wrong with the drawing?

EDIT: what I almost forgot to say, but still is required here: nice work!
I perfer old part sheet, so my standard part is based on my own. To be honest, I don't like the Gol's drawing about light and shadow.
This ship is just first edtion. The ship is just combined with gol's work and other person's work, I will improve it later.

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Chinese Sovremenny-class destroyer ModificationPosted: November 21st, 2016, 4:19 pm
Interesting to have first-hand information about how these ships will turn out, all the more so since some of it meshes with the original Soviet plans. OTOH I'm surprised the upgraded version would retain the original EW fit and the RBU-1000s.
All in all a good update of Gollevainen's earlier drawing. Makes for a clear view of the upgrade.

But maybe you hadn't seen the new Sovremenniy series I have done from scratch earlier this year? It includes the four PLAN ships in their pre-upgrade configuration, and what the upgrades would include was one of the points left open, since there weren't pictures available at the time. If you don't mind, I'd like to have a go at the upgraded Hangzhou on that basis, If I can find sources too.

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: Chinese Sovremenny-class destroyer ModificationPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 6:08 am
citizen lambda wrote:
Interesting to have first-hand information about how these ships will turn out, all the more so since some of it meshes with the original Soviet plans. OTOH I'm surprised the upgraded version would retain the original EW fit and the RBU-1000s.
All in all a good update of Gollevainen's earlier drawing. Makes for a clear view of the upgrade.

But maybe you hadn't seen the new Sovremenniy series I have done from scratch earlier this year? It includes the four PLAN ships in their pre-upgrade configuration, and what the upgrades would include was one of the points left open, since there weren't pictures available at the time. If you don't mind, I'd like to have a go at the upgraded Hangzhou on that basis, If I can find sources too.
The modification has NOT finished yet,so more details should be confirm later.

Because of gotta damn GFW, I can't see the new version, can you PM with this?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: