Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 1st, 2016, 10:17 pm
Very, very nice to scroll slowly down and see all these amazing drawn vessels. Awesome job :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 19th, 2016, 11:08 am
Any ETA to the British side maybe?

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 19th, 2016, 12:59 pm
You should ask the people who usually draw British ships.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 19th, 2016, 1:19 pm
This is wonderful. I have read about Jutland, and have seen the lists of the ships
that fought there, but I have never seen even a photo of every ship on either side.
This is a great piece of artwork, and a great research tool. Many thanks.
BTW, I never knew that painting the after funnel red was a national recognition
device for the Germans. I assumed that some of their ships had other funnels
marked, like the British, to denote units within the fleet. None of the books mention
any markings. Thanks again.

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 19th, 2016, 5:22 pm
Though I'm a bit late:

Excellent work of all the artists involved!

Now I can finally enjoy the entire I. Aufklärungsgruppe on shipbucket :-)

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: September 12th, 2016, 2:18 pm
Thought I might share my pet project; wanted to make a poster and a T-shirt design based on below summary table (rough, dirty and amateur kitbash of mine based on all of these magnificent drawings on SB, so I owe you absolute credit on it!). Edit: this is much reduced size, original is shipbucket original size.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: September 12th, 2016, 3:58 pm
That is nice but I must point out that credits must ALWAYS be preserved on any derivative of Shipbucket art. In this case it would likely be sufficient to place a size 10 Arial author credit under each ship's name, and also to add a "www.shipbucket.com" link somewhere on the poster (preferably bottom right). One scale bar at the top left would be required too.

I would think twice before offering any t-shirt or poster for sale based on any of our work... the licensing required is a bit tricky and anyway there's no way for every artist to be compensated easily. So I would avoid it if possible. If the goal is to just produce some cool content for people on the board that gets crowdfunded by all of us, then sure - but I would shy away from offering anything based on this for sale on CafePress, for instance.

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: September 12th, 2016, 5:32 pm
Hi Colo,

well I should have added that this is strictly for personal use, just wanted to share in case anybody is working on something similar for ideas; in no way do I intend to make money on this :)!

As for credits I think I'd better remove the drawing then as giving all credits would overcrowd this waaay too much :( - so it is your call pls.

Cheers,

PS - you mentioned some Alaska class stuff in PM some time ago ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: September 12th, 2016, 7:22 pm
Returning to the praise of this thread, truly stupendous! :o :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: September 12th, 2016, 8:47 pm
csatahajos wrote:
Hi Colo,

well I should have added that this is strictly for personal use, just wanted to share in case anybody is working on something similar for ideas; in no way do I intend to make money on this :)!

As for credits I think I'd better remove the drawing then as giving all credits would overcrowd this waaay too much :( - so it is your call pls.

Cheers,

PS - you mentioned some Alaska class stuff in PM some time ago ;)
Ah, thanks for the reminder... I keep forgetting and have been really busy.

Anyway if it's for personal use then I see no issues at all (maybe even let us know about posters and t-shirts for the board members ;) ). Re: credits, surely it wouldn't be hard to place a small text line under each drawing name?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: