Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: May 31st, 2016, 5:51 pm
Wow.
Just Wow.

Amazing work and presentation.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: May 31st, 2016, 6:07 pm
Very very nice, just as imagined. Can't wait to see the British part as well! :) Congrats and a huge thank you for all involved!

BTW I'm attempting a combined view split up into BS -s (at least for the capital ships, anyone else here with much better skills than I want to give it a try? This will be going for a T-shirt image.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: May 31st, 2016, 6:39 pm
AWESOME!!!

You know, the 75th Anniversary of Midway is coming up in June 2017...maybe we could do something like this for that battle, too? ;) Thoughts, gentlemen?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: May 31st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Awesome job, everyone, and hats off for the planning and timing!
This kind of fleet listing/OOB is an interesting concept that I hadn't seen yet on SB (at least not for ships).

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: May 31st, 2016, 7:35 pm
Excellent work to all the artists who contributed their time and effort to such a high standard. A great concept, Jutland at SB scale!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: May 31st, 2016, 9:36 pm
It is very pleasing to see this project completed, although I only drew one ship, it is extremely rewarding to see him together with the rest of the fleet.

I would like to thank the team for getting this project started and keeping it going when our real lives have kept everyone busy, to finally see it completed for the 100th anniversary of The Battle of Jutland.

Regards

Tempest.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 1st, 2016, 7:36 am
An excellent post and lots of hard work from everyone involved.
It's a shame we haven't got the RN side, most of the base ships for the bigger classes seem to have been drawn at some time or other, but probably not specific 1916 drawings. I know Bezo did some Jutland drawings for sure, and al1194 did most of the older dreadnoughts but seems to have wowed us with a series of ships and then vanished a year ago.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Jackie Treehorn
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 1st, 2016, 9:05 am
Wow, great. I just had a brief overview and will read in later when I have more time. Though I found one mistake. The causalities are not correct.

Great Britain:
•3 Battlecruisers (Indefatigable, Queen Mary, Invincible)
•3 Armoured cruisers (Black Prince, Warrior, Defence)
•8 Destroyers (Tipperary, Shark, Sparrowhawk, Turbulent, Ardent, Fortune, Nomad, Nestor)
•6,784 men killed in action

Germany:
•1 Battlecruiser (Lützow)
•1 Battleship (Pommern)
•4 Light cruisers (Frauenlob, Elbing, Rostock, Wiesbaden)
•5 Destroyers (V48, S35, V27, V4, V29)
•3,039 men killed in action

The British losses according wiki 6.094 killed in action und 674 wounded, 177 pow
The German losses according wiki 2551 killed in action and 507 wounded

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 1st, 2016, 1:26 pm
THe QE:s are there; they just to be slightly updated. I found out recently that, contrary to what has been generally believed about the 5th BS, the ships did actually carry the 6" open shielded mounting at Jutland. So, that's one thing I need to update...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Battle of Jutland (German side)Posted: June 1st, 2016, 9:19 pm
Wow! Fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: