Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1424 »
maomatic
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: October 12th, 2015, 9:16 pm
Looking great!
I am watching this thread with interest. Keep it up!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: October 13th, 2015, 7:42 am
Looks like good progress. This should be every bit as good as L20e.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 16th, 2016, 11:53 pm
[ img ]

Wow, it has been a while since I've posted on this thread and since I first posted my Mackensen WIP. No plan view with this i'm afraid because it would have taken me twice as long and I've taken long enough as it is. Because its late I haven't written any information to go with the drawing yet that will probably be in the evening.

There are a few bits I'm not quite happy with, mostly the exhaust outlet in between C and D turrets.

I hope you all enjoy, comments and questions as always are welcome.

Tempest.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on July 12th, 2016, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 17th, 2016, 12:34 am
My favourite never were. It was close to being real-life, and the Allies even had it on their list of ships to be surrendered and sent to Scapa Flow.

If we thought the Derfflinger class was good, how would these ships have compared?

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 17th, 2016, 3:56 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 17th, 2016, 9:15 am
A very nice addition and this looks very good indeed. Nice to see you back in action too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Graham1973
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 17th, 2016, 10:51 am
That is indeed an impressive image.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 17th, 2016, 6:38 pm
Hello again!

Very very good one! And hard to render, because there are no precise sources around, at least not where I search.

My 2 cents: The underwater hull shading at the forward end of the bilge keel looks somewhat off, and I doubt the uncovered part of the shafts would have been painted red. Apart from that - simply superb.

The structure between the turrets is interpreted as a solid block on my resin model of Mackensen, but the modelmakers probably don't know more about her than you do, so I can't really help there; what source drawings exist can be interpreted either way.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 17th, 2016, 8:25 pm
Splendid work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: German Capital Ship Projects of The First World WarPosted: April 18th, 2016, 6:00 pm
Thanks guys, it took so long to finish drawing because of, well, real life, lol. I hope my next one won't take nowhere as long.

Krakatoa without looking at my books I think Mackensen had similar armour scale with slight tweaks to try and keep the weight down, I'll write a more informative answer for you soon.

GD the forward end of the bilge keel was the other issue I had, I'll post an update soon, thanks for you input btw.

I've added Mackensen to the first page with a short write-up, I'm working on a specification and will be adding more information to the write-up soon. I've also made the write-ups for the other designs a little more coherent and will be adding an improved L 20 e drawing as well.

Cheers.

Tempest.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 24  [ 231 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1424 »

Jump to: