Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 38  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3038 »
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 13th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Awesome CV conversion Garlic!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 13th, 2016, 10:08 pm
Stunning!

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 14th, 2016, 12:48 am
:o W O W :!: :!: :!:

That is some impressive work there GD my old friend :D

Jolly WELL DONE my old China, great drawings, as ALWAYS :P

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 14th, 2016, 2:25 am
It's a very well executed drawing.

Do we know much about German doctrine of the time about a ship's boat complement? It seems like there's a lot of potential hangar space that's being lost, particularly in a war-expedient design that would not be expected to be a luxury barge in peacetime.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 14th, 2016, 12:58 pm
I don't have the words to say how much I love the battlecruiser and its carrier counterpart. The Bv-155 carrier fighter is a neat touch too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 14th, 2016, 4:44 pm
Hello again

Thanks everyone - especially erik! You're perfectly right, that would have to be expected. The Seydlitz conversion project also massively cut back on boat complement compared with the Zeppelin, so I deleted some of the boats and added hangar ventilation shutters.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 15th, 2016, 6:20 am
Hi GD,

Lovely drawings, as always!

Do you have any stats / specs on what appears to be a height-finder radar on the carrier's mast? Not sure I've seen that before...

Regards,
Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 15th, 2016, 7:15 am
Hi again

@apdsmith:

Plans of Graf Zeppelin show the same installation. My interpretation was two passive radar receivers mounted next to each other. Probably even for a reason; I'm however no electronics expert and can't really say why they were mounted that way.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 15th, 2016, 7:48 am
We take it you are spending so much time on the overhead GD, that it is going to be more awesome than the side views.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Thiaria: Other People's shipsPosted: April 15th, 2016, 9:01 am
Hi GD,

I'm no expert myself, but the thin, tall setup had me thinking of Wasserfall:

[ img ]

Presumably, with a transmit side and a receive side?

Ad

EDIT: Yeah, that is total speculation, I just can't see a reason for a passive receiver to have that sort of antennae geometry - it's going to have blind spots out to the sides of the mattress, surely? A tracking antenna would be a dish or Yagi, no?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 38  [ 378 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3038 »

Jump to: