Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 39 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4145 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 9th, 2015, 5:09 am
It can be done, nice.

Replacement will be JSM/NSM.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 1:56 pm
I always wondering of attaining Saab Viggen for RHAFand what it could replace. As said before, for my scenario the F-5 is replaced by Mirage IIIEHL. Perhaps Viggen could be ordered when Saab was offering the type for selling in 1970's. What this aircract could offer compared with F-4E?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 4:08 pm
A better turning circle and most likely better manoeuvrability overall... Plus STOL capabilities etc.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 4:23 pm
Version JA-37 I assumed. What about price for 80 units (72 JA-37, 8 Sk-37) plus 10-12 SF-37? This could be a possible program for Viggen. Assembly program perhaps could be included.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 4:48 pm
Pricing is something I'm iffy on though if it's the 'eurofighter' one surely it'd have to be competitive with the F-16?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 4:52 pm
RHAF AU does not has F-16. Instead, M2k was selected and manufactured under license. Viggen order goes to 1970's instead of the F-4E.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 5:29 pm
You miss my point. The F-16 was what won the deal of the century in Europe. Ergo the Viggen (one of its competitors at that time) should be comparable in price given a large enough deal.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 8:44 pm
That variant of the Viggen was the 37E "Eurofighter". But it is unrelated as electronics and systems, having a philosophy of its own, compared to what countries who bought F-16A in the deal of the century.

In an Air Force with US and French equipment, Viggen is irrelevant, being completely different. So, better idea is to keep the Phantom in RHAF AU, which give me the opporunity two use two significant weapons. Tha AGM-88 HARM and the AIM-120, being it service in other side of Aegean as well. After the retirement of F-4E, stock of AMRAAM goes for use in Hawk-M, which is actually the hellenic variant of NASAMS.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 10th, 2015, 10:27 pm
The point is it was that it was a contender for that deal. That is what I am trying to get across. Viggen is by no means irrelevant just because you have French and US equipment. There's nothing stopping you (if you've got the money to develop it) putting French (not so sure about US) systems inside it.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: February 11th, 2015, 2:38 am
How about to have only French and Swedish systems, throwning out eveything else? Starfighter, Bucc, Phantom all. It is not the first time I think something like that, but you give me the idea of doing it.

So we will have an indigenous fighter of first generation, Mirage IIIE (perhaps also F1, since it shares many systems with the III but is more manouvrable) , Draken and Viggen. The Mirage 2000 replaces the IIIE, while entering in the Viggen program some french systems could be intergrated (particularly weapons). Cypriot Air Force could use Draken and then Gripen, while Rafale becomes gradually the only french type. Note that all aircraft will have air refuel capability.

An early warning system based to Swedish is developed, AEW system is the Israeli-Hellenic M271A.

Also I keep my indigenous bomber, but with Super Atar engines and the first genetation "indigenous figther" will built around Sapphire engine-which goes to Sea as GT3 in Conon Mk3 frigates (I will built 10 more of these instead of bying the S-class, for commonality reasons). A fighter built around a Sapphire-LR (Low Reheat, 12300 lbf) would have larger weapon load from F-84 and could be capable of attack missions as well.

Over the years, Draken would intergrate french systems, as the Viggen-HL. Gripen has open software and philosophy, can intergate almost everything.

Gradually, Gripen-HL and Rafale-HL become the only fighter types, under an air defense system with Hellenic and Russian systems. Also Hawk replaced with NASAMS. In the future, Sukhoi T-50Γ enters service.

The program would be expensive, but has several advantages.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 39 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4145 »

Jump to: