Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 20th, 2014, 7:33 pm
I would just like to ask a favour then..... I find no problem in having no hull shading, but I quite dislike incorrect hull shading. if that is ok with you, I would prefer to see the 'standard' hull instead of an wrong shaped hull. when in doubt, PM or shoot it to me if you want, and I will try to help or point out problems. (that goes for everyone who wants to use hull shading)

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 21st, 2014, 3:34 pm
Very nice work David!

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 22nd, 2014, 8:16 pm
Here is the Dunkerque as it was envisioned in 1939 having gone through a AA upgrade using 5 37 mm/48 Model 1935 ADAC anti-aircraft guns, one just forward of the center 130mm quad turret, two after the funnel on the shelter deck, and two, one on either side of the “B” 330 mm/50 (13") Model 1931 quad turret. Four remote fire control directors were included in the plan to control the 37mm guns. ;)

[ img ]

Our next stop will be 1940. See you then and there. ;)

Last edited by David Latuch on December 23rd, 2014, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 22nd, 2014, 8:40 pm
Looking good.

As for the hull shading, the by-the-book way is to draw only narrow shading around the bottom with 2-4 pixels according to each prefered style, but this way isen't bad either, just don't overdo it with trying to chase a shape that flat pixel art cannot catch. One has to still remember keep his upper and under work in relative balance together. Your style with the actuall ship isen't posturing with lot of shading and IMO thats the reall indivdual treat in your style, so by that logic, I would keep the underwater parts in similar balance as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 22nd, 2014, 8:44 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Looking good.

As for the hull shading, the by-the-book way is to draw only narrow shading around the bottom with 2-4 pixels according to each prefered style, but this way isen't bad either, just don't overdo it with trying to chase a shape that flat pixel art cannot catch. One has to still remember keep his upper and under work in relative balance together. Your style with the actuall ship isen't posturing with lot of shading and IMO thats the reall indivdual treat in your style, so by that logic, I would keep the underwater parts in similar balance as well.
Thank for the comment Golly :D

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 22nd, 2014, 9:52 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 22nd, 2014, 9:59 pm
Thanks Matt,

I just keep plugging away. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 12:14 am
David, I think you need to take another look at the top view of the forward 37 mm turrets. The port side one is mirrored.

Apart from that, excellent job.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 8:48 am
Nice work David.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 9:36 am
MihoshiK wrote:
David, I think you need to take another look at the top view of the forward 37 mm turrets. The port side one is mirrored.

Apart from that, excellent job.
Good catch. :o

It's fixed. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: