Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
sebu
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 5:04 pm
Awesome job David! It's great to see these vessels with accurate top view.
And for C-Mike: I admire your knowledge of ships overall (especially French ships) but is it really necessary to bring the details up the way you do? WAROF (with all respect, of course) :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 5:34 pm
Colombamike wrote:
In your side-view, the gun-barrel of the twin mounting not fully match (by 1 or 2 pixels) the lenght of the gun-barrel of the top-view
:arrow: For side & Top-view, think always Matching/Symmetry
Really :o Is that how it is done :?: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 6:47 pm
Excellent work.

Allow me just one little nitpick:
The ships' proppellers don´t seem to match the quality of the rest of your work.
A little improvement would enhance the whole drawing. :-)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 6:51 pm
I make this comment a lot, but it is of course one of the hardest bits to get right......
I doubt the hull is the same shape over the entire length, so that hull shading is most likely a bit off :P I am certain of it that there should be changes to skeg (the shape indicates one, and I doubt it is angled more then 45 degrees with the waterline), bow (not the same over the entire length) and stern (aft of the propellers the hull is clearly angled down, but only the lower part is shaded).

other then that, really nice work!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 7:50 pm
Wow, great work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 8:09 pm
maomatic wrote:
Excellent work.

Allow me just one little nitpick:
The ships' proppellers don´t seem to match the quality of the rest of your work.
A little improvement would enhance the whole drawing. :-)
You're right and I'm working on it Majhost and I'm a little cramped for time to futz with Hosting Pics.Net.

I've been working on fine tuning things I don't like, such as the lower director on the side of the bridge tower as well as modeling the shadows more.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 8:11 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I make this comment a lot, but it is of course one of the hardest bits to get right......
I doubt the hull is the same shape over the entire length, so that hull shading is most likely a bit off :P I am certain of it that there should be changes to skeg (the shape indicates one, and I doubt it is angled more then 45 degrees with the waterline), bow (not the same over the entire length) and stern (aft of the propellers the hull is clearly angled down, but only the lower part is shaded).

other then that, really nice work!
I''m not ignoring you, I just don't know how to do that yet. ;) Maybe next week :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 19th, 2014, 8:19 pm
there are some tutorials and examples around on the forum, if you cannot find them or need help with it just ask ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 20th, 2014, 11:31 am
Excellent work.
Underwater shading is a bugger, I think we need to cut some slack there. Without practice its hard to master (IMVHO at any rate).

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 20th, 2014, 7:28 pm
Hood wrote:
Excellent work.
Underwater shading is a bugger, I think we need to cut some slack there. Without practice its hard to master (IMVHO at any rate).
Thanks. I'm working on Dunkerque 1939 As Envisioned and the 1940 actual at the moment. Stopping to practice undewater shading just doesn't fit in at this time. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: