Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 14th, 2014, 11:10 am
a few things come to mind......
- is that the same lynx as is used on the dutch navy drawings? it looks smaller and different, but that might just be me.
- you have SPS-40 and SPS-48. I am not certain these were ever used together, the DXG/kidd replaced SPS-40 with the SPS-48 and added SPS-49 in the NTU.
- what is that domed system? it looks like an rotating director. do the dishes move separate from the top radar? right now it looks like an search installation, but you already have that :P
- that is a lot of liferafts!
- it might be interesting to swap one of your guns for some 'soviet style' forward launching anti ship missiles :P
- spruance class engine setup?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 14th, 2014, 11:10 am
heuhen, like Garlicdeisgn, Rowdy and Leut_East, have that knack of drawing AU ships that look perfect and 'real'.

These are no exception. The Castle class looks very fine and has a feel of the Type 42 about it. The Admiral looks beefy but avoids that mega-Kirov on steroids festooned with guns and missiles in every crevice look which is all too tempting when trying to fill a big hull.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 14th, 2014, 5:56 pm
thanks for all advice's. it will help me with getting it better.
acelanceloet wrote:
a few things come to mind......
Quote:
- is that the same lynx as is used on the dutch navy drawings? it looks smaller and different, but that might just be me.
I took it from a old sheet, It's wrong size and everything.... so yeah!
Quote:
- you have SPS-40 and SPS-48. I am not certain these were ever used together, the DXG/kidd replaced SPS-40 with the SPS-48 and added SPS-49 in the NTU.
I am at the moment replacing them with Haram own radars, but they are similar to those radar already onboard. and sps-49 version I might do, or just say a nice deal with USA for there excellent sps-49.

- what is that domed system? it looks like an rotating director. do the dishes move separate from the top radar? right now it looks like an search installation, but you already have that :P

they should operate separate, it's an rotating director, that you can get with two or three dishes. the top radar is there to assist the director to target it's targets.
Quote:
- that is a lot of liferafts!
to many... oh. let see (15*(25mans))*2=750, but then these are approx 50 mans rafts = 1500... that is a little to much. I will remove almost every one under the helipad, and that one tat are closet to the Sea Sparrow.
Quote:
- it might be interesting to swap one of your guns for some 'soviet style' forward launching anti ship missiles :P
I'll see what I can do. It can be quit interesting. what do you think about something like a smaller version of similar to the P-700 Granit - P-800 Oniks.
Quote:
- spruance class engine setup?
with all the sensor and radar equipment needed, I felt it was more easy to get it all on here, with an Spruance class engine setup or similar.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 15th, 2014, 11:19 pm
There is a lot I have to work on, I also have to address all what you boys/girls are talking about. But her is just all different variation I can think on.

one fast question, I can use my own designed equipment, but should I use US equipment instead for making all design work easier....?

[ img ]

I got this idea to, and wondering if I should replace the ship above with this one.

Not it can be designed with or without nuclear powerplant.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 16th, 2014, 5:58 pm
Heuhen - since it's Your AU, decision is Yours, but IMHO "own designs" would make the whole thing more interesting.
Anyway, great work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 16th, 2014, 8:05 pm
Fine work, hh.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 16th, 2014, 8:38 pm
I'd keep them both. You can always claim the nuclear one was a sort of "spin-off" like the Lehay/Bainbridge and Belknap/Truxtun.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Harm Mk.... something!Posted: December 16th, 2014, 8:46 pm
Or you can create the Haram equivalent of California and Virginia if the nuclear progect goes further.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: