Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 35 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3747 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 14th, 2014, 3:06 am
Republic of Germany
[ img ]
• Date of establishment: 1st January 1947
• Capital: Kiel
• Government: Republic
• Demographics: 93 million (1990 est)
• GDP: $ 1173 billion dollars (1990 est)
• National Language: German
• Motto: Wohlstand, Freiheit und Glück (Prosperity, Freedom and Happiness)
• National Anthem: Das Lied der Deutschen (Entire Song)
• Military Strength: 2.5 million (1990 est)
• Date of Reunification: 15 October 1990
The Republic of Germany was established from the Rossiyan Occupation Zone. It was established as Rossiya wanted to see Germany return to it's former industrial might and allow it gives Rossiya a strong trading partner in Europe. Rossiya also wanted a foothold in Europe as to have an eye in Europe. This was evident as Rossiya and North Germany (Republic of Germany's unofficial name) signed a treaty called the Treaty of Kiel where Rossiya will assist North Germany in rebuilding and economy growth while North Germany will allow Rossiya to establish military bases in North Germany. North Germany was allowed a proper military. Rossiya managed to get from the Soviet Union the unfinished Graf Zeppelin and finished it and gave it to the North German Navy as DMS Albert Speer. The North German Navy was made of ships that salvaged from the former Kriegsmarine with ships from the Rossiyan Navy. A controversial action by Rossiya was to refloat the KMS Tirpitz and rebuild it which took two years and was renamed DMS Langsdorff. By 1990, the North German Navy had seen the service of three carriers, two battleships, four heavy cruisers, six light cruisers, twenty destroyers and ten submarines. At the same time, the North Germany Army had a total four infantry divisions, two motorized divisions, four mechanized divisions and three panzer divisions with the air force having two bomber wings and three fighter wings. So when Germany reunified, Germany's Bundeswehr was well equipped thanks to North Germany's military.

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on December 16th, 2014, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 14th, 2014, 7:58 am
Not sure about the flag ;) the black cross bit is a bit like a S***** or just a military Iron cross both would be very not good in 46+ ?

The fleet army composition makes no sense ether really (tiny army to fight WP/USSR) and big fleet to fight in north sea (RN would never have allowed the KM to rebuild with CVs that quickly IMO).

A Rossiya allied to the W Allies in WW2 askes interesting questions would it help bridge the gap between USA/UK and USSR ? would it stop cold war or would it just pick a side ?

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 14th, 2014, 10:37 pm
One little thing:
The vertical band of colors should be black-red-yellow, not yellow-red-black.
"When hung like a banner or draped, the black band should be on the left, as illustrated. When flown from a vertical flagpole, the black band must face the mast."

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 14th, 2014, 11:47 pm
To JSB
After World War 2 Rossiya became neutral and decided to do things their own way. However they did collaborate with the US to rebuild Japan after the war. Rossiya purposely built up North Germany's navy for two reasons, one to allow Rossiya to deploy only a battle carrier group instead of two in the North Sea, thus reducing costs and two to ensure North Germany's sovereignity. Now back to Rossiya's position in the world after the Second World War, Rossiya took a more neutral stance and for most of the cold war, stayed out of conflict except for the Korean War and the Vietnam War as these were in proximity of Rossiya's sphere of influence, Japan and Malaysia (Rossiya and Malaya, and later Malaysia became very friendly) so Rossiya took part in the conflicts. With unorthodox thinking being a Rossiyan thing, Rossiya had troops on both sides in the Vietnam conflict. Although Rossiya was official neutral, the superpower was quite friendly with the US

To ezgo394
Thanks for the info, I will redo the flag

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on December 16th, 2014, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 15th, 2014, 8:34 am
Its your AU but pissing of the British (and USA/USSR) requires both Rossiya AND North Germany's to want to do it (unless you keep millions of tanks to 'help' them.

Will NG really be willing to alienate NATO and the WP (+ WG/EG) during the cold war ?

And if you read the link I think you will use a flag based on the Weimar Republic tricolour (both west/east Germany did in OTL)

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 15th, 2014, 3:27 pm
Wow..this is getting more and more outlandish....I think someone needs to seriously whip out his history books, and also study diplomacy...this is just so UNbelievable...

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 15th, 2014, 4:10 pm
Hi Oberst,

I have another question - why do you want to piss off the Brits? Or, rather, what goal does this help you achieve? Is this to cement alliances with Britain's adversaries? Who are they in this AU, and will this action actually accomplish that? I can't imagine that a Cold War Soviet Union, with all of their traditional concerns about buffer zones, will be terribly pleased to see such a powerful force on the Warsaw Pact's borders (not unless it's under their control, anyway), regardless of the diplomatic games that are played. Trying to think who else would benefit - the US? Your Indian ocean neighbours probably wouldn't mind seeing the Brits eat a bit of humble pie, but is the benefit worth the price to you?

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 16th, 2014, 1:54 am
I have editted my answer to JSB.
Now for everyone's questions
Rossiya built up North Germany's Navy because to reduce costs, to secure North Germany's sovereignity and also to have place for the war time warships Rossiya had built during the war.
Rossiya also made sure that the North German Navy was only for self defense, although it was difficult to explain to Britain, France, the US and the USSR that carriers were self defense but they managed to convince them as long as Rossiya made sure North Germany didn't become aggressive.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 16th, 2014, 2:09 am
Hi Oberst,

OK, understand your answer, but have a couple of points to make:
Now kind of reads as Rossiya making North Germany take the obsolete stuff in order to spare Rossiya having to pay maintenance. Is that how it was intended to read? I'm assuming that were "have place for the war time warships Rossiya had built during the war" the primary concern they've have been mothballed \ scrapped in Rossiya shortly after the war - that's what happened to quite a few ships in real life, after all.

I can see the difficulties explaining this to the others - both battleships and carriers have traditionally been used to project power overseas - after all, for stuff closer to home you have 1a) any one of the innumerable types of artillery, 1b) coastal defence ships and 2) airfields.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 16th, 2014, 2:34 am
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Oberst,

OK, understand your answer, but have a couple of points to make:
Now kind of reads as Rossiya making North Germany take the obsolete stuff in order to spare Rossiya having to pay maintenance. Is that how it was intended to read? I'm assuming that were "have place for the war time warships Rossiya had built during the war" the primary concern they've have been mothballed \ scrapped in Rossiya shortly after the war - that's what happened to quite a few ships in real life, after all.

I can see the difficulties explaining this to the others - both battleships and carriers have traditionally been used to project power overseas - after all, for stuff closer to home you have 1a) any one of the innumerable types of artillery, 1b) coastal defence ships and 2) airfields.

Regards,
Adam
Damn, it was better in my head...
Anyway, I didn't mean that Rossiya just dumped all their war time ships to North Germany. Rossiya sent only a number of their ships to North Germany, ships deemed as surplus to the Navy, the National Naval Guard and the Coast Guard. Also Rossiya, during the period between 1945 and 1960, Rossiya still had majority of her wartime tonnage still in commission. It was only after 1960, Rossiya began decommissioning most of their warships, mainly the aircraft carriers, light cruisers, destroyers and submarines as new ones came. The battleships, battlecruisers, heavy cruisers on the other hand were being modernized to have missiles launchers (built with the capability to withstand the blast of the heavy guns, radar and electronics

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 35 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3747 »

Jump to: