Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2547 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 3:54 am
Now for the Tarina class battleships
The first three Tarina class battleships, Tarina, Hartmann and Baltland were the only "modern battleships" of the Rossiyan Navy however they still needed to be modernized. So in 1934, more anti-air guns were installed which were 96 25 mm cannons. They also given more modern range finders. the 5 inch gun turrets were swapped from dual for triple 5 inch gun turrets.
[ img ]
Later in 1936, seven more Tarina class battleships were ordered, they were Vilstermann, Malatov, Romotov, Galland, Daitov, Hermann and Kuikov. They were all built to the 1934 variant.
However as time progress, these ships needed to catch up so in 1940-1941, all the Tarina class battleship were modernized which tripod mast replacing their lattice masts for the forward superstructure which was extended. The rear superstructure basically had the lattice removed and had hollow steel pillars in their place. The crane was removed and replaced with a smaller one. Radar was also installed on the warships. Also four additional triple 5 inch gun turrets were installed. The battleships' hull were transformed so to fit torpedo bulges.
[ img ]
Finally, the last modernization for the Tarina class battleships were in 1944, not much change other than upgrade in radar and fire control systems.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 4:24 am
the legs of the forward tripod need to extend all the way to the main deck, and no offense but that aft mast looks really ugly.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 4:31 am
WWII44 wrote:
the legs of the forward tripod need to extend all the way to the main deck, and no offense but that aft mast looks really ugly.
Well, these ships won't win any beauty contests but they built to kick ass not to sit pretty

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 4:45 am
I still suggest extending legs of the tripod mas to the main deck as it looks very unstable as it looks now.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 4:57 am
Alright I will do that

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 5:17 am
These are the reworked Tarinas
1941's version:
[ img ]
1944's version
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 1:46 pm
This is the next list of warships-> Battlecruisers of the 1940s
  1. Torivok class Battlecruisers
    • Type: 1930s battlecruiser
      Namesake: Commodore Gerhard Torivok
      Construction Period: 1929-1931
      Main Armament: 8x12 inch guns
      Second Armament: 12x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air cannons 12x25 mm anti-air cannons (1929) 12x5 inch guns, 8x125mm anti-air cannons, 8x100mm anti-air cannons, 27x25 mm anti-air cannons (1939)
      Inspired By: Lexington class battlecruiser, Myoukou class heavy cruiser
      Numbers Built: 20
      Current Status: 5 given to America for Operation Crossroads, 5 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 2 preserved, 1 sunk as an artificial reef, 2 used as target practice, 5 scrapped
    Katakov class Battlecruiser
    • Type: 1940s battlecruiser
      Namesake: Commodore Gerhard Torivok
      Construction Period: 1942-1943
      Main Armament: 12x12 inch guns
      Second Armament: 24x5 inch guns, 44x40mm anti-air cannons, 66x25mm anti-air cannons (1942)
      Inspired By: Alaska class heavy cruiser, Kongo class battlecruiser
      Numbers Built: 15
      Current Status: 5 still in active service, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on November 10th, 2014, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 9th, 2014, 5:17 pm
Up to you but 55+ capital ships ( and we haven't got to CVs :o ) you are single handily outbuilding the rest of the world....
Later on in 2014 you will still have 1940s warships in service ? You are that rich how much are your expensive crews going to cost ......
Swap them all for CVN/CGNs and SSN/SSBNs much more powerful and much cheaper...

On the fine points I don't think 5' and 100' are a good mix (go with a mix of 6'and 100' or just DP 5' guns ?) and the same with 20mm and 25mm to close in capabilities (I would go 20mm and 40mm or 25 and 37 ?).

I also think rebuild should lose the spotting tops and get new masts (will save weight, they will be stronger and look better ;) ).

looking forward for more.....

JSB

Last edited by JSB on November 10th, 2014, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 10th, 2014, 1:15 am
Editted the list

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 10th, 2014, 1:15 pm
Now before I upload the Torivok class battlecruiser's modernization
I have decided to upload a RNNS warship
[ img ]
This was to differentiate between the Rossiyan Navy and the Rossiyan National Naval Guard.
Fun Fact: the Rossiyan Navy was the only navy to actually paint shark or monster faces on their ships because just to make their ship more intimidating.
(I will showcase these at a later date)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2547 »

Jump to: