Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1820 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 7:41 pm
sorry to say, but the Mk 26 top view does not fit the Mk 10 very well :P
also, where exactly are the reload hatches?
I very much doubt the Mk 4 would have been used, as discussed above.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 7:47 pm
Nice work...at least she keeps some of her guns in this format. The masts look kinda funky-weird, though...maybe it's just me.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 7:54 pm
[ img ]
had a quick batch with the parts sheet. I kicked in the Mk 4 as I think you were trying to place them and the Mk 10 in a position such as would actually have been used in my opinion. note that 2 directors for 2 launchers is also very little, and would give this ship the same effective missile firepower as the dutch zeven provincien....... light cruiser. the centerline space created by moving the Mk 10 more aft can now be used by more directors.
you should also do a rough calculation of the weight added and removed, you might loose some secondaries when balancing the stern again. a fully loaded Mk 10 GMLS is 315,4 metric tons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 8:14 pm
Ace, Your entire analysis is biased
Here you think Dutch (zeven provincien CG) :|
For the Jean-Bart (BBG version), I think french :mrgreen:

In your analysis, you want to delete all the aft triple 6" turrets
The problem is that the French have never really imagined remove all aft 6" turrets
(They considered only removing the aft centreline 6" turret)

And the French only hoped to use the Mk 10 launcher, not the Mk 4 one

You think technical capacity
I think real-tudies & real french (1950s-1960s) missile-ships projects

Do not forget that all french missile-ships of the 1963-1972 era (Dupetit-Thouars, Chayla, Kersaint, Bouvet, Suffren, Duquesne, colbert) all carried 1 launcher, 2 missiles-directors & 40 to 48 missiles, no more

Jean-Bart would never have embarked even 4 to 6 directors (this BBG conversion would cost too much for the french !)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 8:25 pm
the Mk 10 launcher, however, used horizontal and diagonal loaders. I do not think Mk 4, but vertical load dictates it.
the french missile ships did not carry terrier, did they? so they have a different setup altogether, and can be discarded in reference.
if the jean bart could not ship 4 directors, they would not have shipped 2 launchers.

if the french really wanted a cheap missile conversion, they should fit an horizontal loading, 2 RSR Mk 10 in the aircraft hangar, fit 2 directors, and remove the middle turret as weight compensation and director location. this would give the ship 80 missiles only, and one launcher only, and 2 missiles in the air only, as had the dutch zeven provincien class CLG. bit of a waste of such a large hull in my opinion, but here you might be better informed.

I do know for certain though that the above missile conversion would not be what they build.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 8:34 pm
David,
In your 1958 top-view, you forget to delete the forward amidship 57mm mount :?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 8:42 pm
Colombamike wrote:
David,
In your 1958 top-view, you forget to delete the forward amidship 57mm mount :?
I forgot to delete a bunch of things. :o :oops:

It's fixed now. :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 9:02 pm
David,
You make a error on a error :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remove the 57mm mount, NOT THE SPONSON

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Colombamike wrote:
David,
You make a error on a error :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remove the 57mm mount, NOT THE SPONSON
It's fixed. :(

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 4th, 2014, 11:38 pm
David Latuch wrote:
It's fixed. :([/quote]

take an cookie... dream about something nice... and start work again...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1820 »

Jump to: