Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2347 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 4th, 2014, 2:16 am
First will be the Andronov class Battleships which were modernized in 1938. The ten Andronov class battleships were given better anti-air capabilities with sixteen 3 inch HA guns and nineteen 50 cal machine guns. They were also given better electronics and communication systems. A tripod mast was installed in the aft bridge. The engines were replaced with more efficient ones. It top speed was increased slightly to 26.5 knots.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 4th, 2014, 8:49 am
With the remaining Navansha class battleships earmarked to leased to the Soviets, the ten Andronov class battleships were modernized as to deal with the rising threat of air attacks. The Rossiyan Navy; however after 1940 began to recommence their construction of the remaining ten Tarina class battleships. The modernized Andronovs were sent to Europe to defend transatlantic convoys and support the beleaguered Royal Navy in the Mediterranean Sea.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 4th, 2014, 10:43 am
I cannot really see where your turbines are situated on this new ship. there seems to be not enough space in front of the funnels, and definitely not aft of them. are the turbine rooms at the sides of the boiler rooms? it seems somewhat cramped altogether.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 4th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Hi I wonder if you could,
- do a list of ships (name,when, what, size, guns, where they are inspire from etc.) so we can get a general feel for what types and what eras they are from etc ?
- do a general story line for your nation ie going to war when v who etc.
(just might make it easier to read and understand)
Thanks JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 4th, 2014, 1:44 pm
The main guns aren't too forward?

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 4th, 2014, 4:01 pm
it looks just a tad too kitbashy

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 8th, 2014, 9:40 am
JSB wrote:
Hi I wonder if you could,
- do a list of ships (name,when, what, size, guns, where they are inspire from etc.) so we can get a general feel for what types and what eras they are from etc ?
- do a general story line for your nation ie going to war when v who etc.
(just might make it easier to read and understand)
Thanks JSB
Alright here is the first of the lists of ships of the Rossiyan Navy during the 1940s
(*Note as of 2013, Rossiyan Government had commissioned to reconstruct all the Japanese warships built prior and during the second world war except for the reconstruction of the Japanese Battleships, Yamato and Musashi which were reconstructed from 1945 to 1949. The reason for this? The Rossiyan Government decided to rebuild the ships to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VJ Day )
Battleships
  1. Tarina class
    • Type: Late 1920s Battleship
      Construction Period:1928 (3 ships) 1936-1938 (7 ships)
      Main Armament: 12x16 inch guns (1928)
      Secondary Armament: 8x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch HA guns (1928) 8x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch HA guns, 96x25 mm anti-air cannons (1941) 12x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch guns, 96x25mm cannons
      Inspired by: Nagato class battleship and Colorado class battleship
      Number Built: 10 (First Batch: RFS Tarina, RFS Hartmann, RFS Baltland; Second Batch: RFS Vilstermann, RFS Malatov, RFS Romotov, RFS Galland, RFS Daitov, RFS Hermann, RFS Kuikov)
      Current Status: 3 Preserved as Museum ships, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard Reserves
    Morskoye class
    • Type: Late 1940s Battleship
      Construction Period: 1942-1943 (15 battleships)
      Main Armament: 12x16 inch guns (1942)
      Secondary Armament: 20x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air guns, 52x40mm anti-air cannons, 18x25mm anti-air cannons, 90x20 mm anti-air cannons
      Inspired by: Montana class battleship, Vanguard class battleship
      Numbers Built: 15 (RFS Morskoye, RFS Androv, RFS Muller, RFS Yakutsk, RFS Vanov, RFS Karlsland, RFS Mark, RFS Russland, RFS Kaiserick, RFS Mauserin, RFS Luger, RFS Lityvak, RFS Nicholas, RFS Wilhelm, RFS Vladir)
      Current Status: 10 still in active service, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
    Kongo class fast battleship
    • Type: Captured Japanese Fast Battleship
      Number: 1 (Plus three under construction)
    Nagato class battleship
    • Type: Captured Japanese Battleship
      Number: 1 (Plus one under construction)
    Yamato class battleship
    • Type: Salvaged and reconstructed Japanese Battleship
      Number 1 (Plus one under construction)

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 8th, 2014, 9:43 am
acelanceloet wrote:
I cannot really see where your turbines are situated on this new ship. there seems to be not enough space in front of the funnels, and definitely not aft of them. are the turbine rooms at the sides of the boiler rooms? it seems somewhat cramped altogether.
They are in same section in where the previous powerplants were located but they are not as cramped as the new turbines and boilers were smaller but were as powerful as the old ones.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 8th, 2014, 10:35 am
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
Alright here is the first of the lists of ships of the Rossiyan Navy during the 1940s
Note as of 2013,
3 Preserved as Museum ships, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard Reserves
Do you mean that the RRN (what initials will you use ?) has 10 active and 7 reserve + 3 Museum ships (+ IJN ships 3 or are you building more :? :shock: !)

Is not going to eat to much of your super CV/SSBN budget ? ........ and the idea of rebuilding IJN ships (at least BBs) strikes me a bit expensive and unlikely to be supported by the majority of the electorate.....

IMO its more likely that you keep, 1 Tarina class Museum ships , and 2/4 Morskoye class in Reserve/Museum ships (and since you have not lost any ships did they actually fight that hard to be worth saving ?) maybe one IJN ship but I would think it get scraped/target practise even if it is handed over in good condition at the end of the war.

Look at how many real Museum ships there are in the real world, only ones that have very great significance (Victory Constitution/Mikasa) and a load of USN late war ships that got kept in reserve in case (and thus had easy lives and kept in good condition)

WIKI :roll: has a list (Surviving ocean-going ships launched before 1960) at the bottom of page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Mikasa

Just IMO its your AU so keep pushing out the ships :D.
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 8th, 2014, 12:14 pm
JSB wrote:
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
Note as of 2013,
3 Preserved as Museum ships, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard Reserves
Do you mean that the RRN (what initials will you use ?) has 10 active and 7 reserve + 3 Museum ships (+ IJN ships 3 or are you building more :? :shock: !)

Is not going to eat to much of your super CV/SSBN budget ? ........ and the idea of rebuilding IJN ships (at least BBs) strikes me a bit expensive and unlikely to be supported by the majority of the electorate.....

IMO its more likely that you keep, 1 Tarina class Museum ships , and 2/4 Morskoye class in Reserve/Museum ships (and since you have not lost any ships did they actually fight that hard to be worth saving ?) maybe one IJN ship but I would think it get scraped/target practise even if it is handed over in good condition at the end of the war.

Look at how many real Museum ships there are in the real world, only ones that have very great significance (Victory Constitution/Mikasa) and a load of USN late war ships that got kept in reserve in case (and thus had easy lives and kept in good condition)

WIKI :roll: has a list (Surviving ocean-going ships launched before 1960) at the bottom of page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Mikasa

Just IMO its your AU so keep pushing out the ships :D.
JSB
The Rossiyan National Naval Guard's initials are RNNS while the ships in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet have these initials, RRFS
Also the I actually need to edit that beginning part of the list.
The Japanese warships were built during the Cold War so in case if conflict between the USSR and the USA ever erupted, Rossiya would send those warships to Japan to beef up the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Forces so to stave off any Soviet attempts to invade. This was a part of a secret agreement between the Republic of Rossiya and the United States of America in the Secret Treaty of Mest' zapristydill of 1946. Rossiya and America agreed in this treaty to immediately and systematically rearm Japan if the Soviet Union then later the People's Republic of China try anything against the Rossiyan-American occupied Japan (Rossiya controlled Shikoku, Kyushu and Southern Honshu excluding Tokyo while the US occupy the rest. It was the only nation where Rossiya and America shared bases, in Okinawa and Yokosuka other than in Rossiyan sector of Germany (There will be a map for both occupied zones for these if anyone asks). This was called Operation Barricade. However since the war never got hot, Rossiya found herself with extra warships that she doesn't need. So Rossiya shoved them into the Rossiyan National Naval Guard because the Rossiyan National Guard is not a part of the Rossiyan Armed Forces therefore, they have their own spending, which is pretty much minimal as they only pay for maintenance. Before you point at the budget, Rossiya has a massive reserve of gold so they can afford this

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2347 »

Jump to: