Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 520 »
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: September 29th, 2014, 8:02 pm
Severals issues remains David
Mainly a lot of details "all around the superstructures" + paintings issues

Last edited by Colombamike on October 1st, 2014, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: September 29th, 2014, 8:55 pm
WOW there were some very huge errors, :o if your drawing is correct--which I assume it is. ;) So how much longer were you going to let me bang my head against a very hard wall? :lol:

After about an hour she looks quite different. :shock:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 7:12 pm
Here is Jean Bart on June 19, 1940 as she left France to escape the nazis

[ img ]

Oh, I sure there are still a butt load of errors. :D

Fire away Mike. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 7:35 pm
I wonder, why the 2 different colours of paint for the 'unpainted' sections?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 7:46 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
I wonder, why the 2 different colours of paint for the 'unpainted' sections?
They ran out of red? :D She's a big ship don't you know :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 7:50 pm
it's probably the primer color, of two different quality. the color variation can be due to a sort of rust protection primer. or a primer that is designed to withstand heat or blast where they expect it to hit most... ho know, but it's a primer of a sort.

for those ho doesn't know what primer are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_(paint)

but if I think a bit, it can be that not the entire superstructure was finish painted, so some of the superstructure got the primer, rest was unprotected metal with a bit rust on it... so the orange could be an marking of that area that wasn't primed yet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 7:53 pm
David Latuch wrote:
Oh, I sure there are still a butt load of errors. :D Fire away Mike. ;)
Yeah, :? :roll:
Now Only by PM, guy

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 8:14 pm
it seems highly unlikely there would be such big area's unpainted. the only thing I can think is 2 different primers, but I cannot see any reason why any yard would use 2 kinds of primer, especially on the same ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 8:51 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
it seems highly unlikely there would be such big area's unpainted. the only thing I can think is 2 different primers, but I cannot see any reason why any yard would use 2 kinds of primer, especially on the same ship.
2 different brand perhaps since it such a big ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: October 1st, 2014, 9:07 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
It's actually pretty common to use several different colours of primer, one for each coating. That way you can see how far you've gotten. For example on the ship I'm on right now we use two shades of read and grey before finishing off with a top coat.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 520 »

Jump to: