Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1647 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 1st, 2014, 12:02 am
Tarina class battleship
Tarina class battleship was Rossiya next battleship class after the Andronov class battleship. Ten of these battleships were ordered in 1922 but of the ten only three were built but after 1931, Rossiya who discovered a loophole in the Washington Naval Treaty, Rossiya constructed the remaining seven battleships. The loophole was it was not stated in the treaty whether capital ship limitation was on all capital ships or it was only active ships; therefore Rossiya decided to interpret it that only active warships were accounted therefore Rossiya sent five of her Andronov class battleships twenty Richtoften class battlecruisers and twenty Rensumburg class heavy cruisers to the Reserve Fleet which gave her more tonnage to build more ships.These battleships were influenced by the Nagato class battleships as the hull design was similar only Nagato had a forward bulge and there were no casemates. However it's superstructure resembled that of the American Colorado class. They were also among the first ships to have secondary 5 inch guns. The Rossiyan used two methods to reduce the weight of the Tarina class which was to use diesel engines and they were constructed with wielding instead of bolting the pieces together. It was fast battleship with a top speed of 30.3 knots. It was heavily armed with twelve 16 inch guns, eight 5 inch guns and six 3 inch High Angle guns.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 9th, 2014, 6:54 am
Hey should I do the modification done to the ship or should I post the rest of the ships first?

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 9th, 2014, 8:38 am
Next is the Torivok class battlecruiser which was developed in 1925. It had a similar hull to the planned Lexington class battlecruiser because the Rossiyan Navy made an agreement with the US Navy to transfer cancelled American heavy warship plans over to Rossiya with a high price, $ 5,000,000 for each which Rossiya paid in full for ten plans however only one came to interest of the Rossiyan Navy. The new Torivok class battlecruiser was quite heavily armed with eight 14 inch guns, six 5 inch guns and eight 100 mm anti air cannons. It had a lowered aft deck so that the the aft main guns could fire over the catapult. It was a strange design as it had two catapults, one midship, one aft. The reason for this was so that the battlcruiser can launch more spotting aircraft so to assist the range finders and gunners
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on October 9th, 2014, 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 9th, 2014, 8:58 am
Nice to see more.

But both seam to have quite week secondary armament ?

JSB

PS - yes,
Tarina 1922 - eight 5 inch guns and six 3 inch High Angle guns
Torivok 1925 - six 5 inch guns (with 4 turrets ? 2 twins and 2x singles ?) and eight 100 mm anti air cannons ( and is that radar on a 29 ship I see ? on the fire control directors :P ?)

I just think they are a bit on the week side for post Jutland ships, and not sure that I would base a 1925 start ship on the Lexington class BCs. (very big and very week belt/deck)

If I may continue my ramblings not sure I would have topside torpedoes ether.

Last edited by JSB on October 9th, 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 9th, 2014, 11:50 am
JSB wrote:
Nice to see more.

But both seam to have quite week secondary armament ?

JSB
Are you referring to the Tarina and Torivok?

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 10th, 2014, 2:28 am
Torivok class Battlecruiser (Redone)
Next is the Torivok class battlecruiser which was developed in 1925. It had a similar hull to the planned Lexington class battlecruiser because the Rossiyan Navy made an agreement with the US Navy to transfer cancelled American heavy warship plans over to Rossiya with a high price, $ 5,000,000 for each which Rossiya paid in full for ten plans however only one came to interest of the Rossiyan Navy which was the Lexington class battlecruiser however the Rossiyan changed the design so it has stronger armour. The new Torivok class battlecruiser was quite heavily armed with eight 14 inch guns, six 5 inch guns and eight 100 mm anti air cannons. It had a lowered aft deck so that the the aft main guns could fire over the catapult. It was a strange design as it had two catapults, one mid-ship, one aft. The reason for this was so that the battlecruiser can launch more spotting aircraft so to assist the range finders and gunners.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 10th, 2014, 2:31 am
Tarina class battleship (Redone)
Tarina class battleship was Rossiya next battleship class after the Andronov class battleship. Ten of these battleships were ordered in 1922 but of the ten only three were built but after 1931, Rossiya who discovered a loophole in the Washington Naval Treaty, Rossiya constructed the remaining seven battleships. The loophole was it was not stated in the treaty whether capital ship limitation was on all capital ships or it was only active ships; therefore Rossiya decided to interpret it that only active warships were accounted therefore Rossiya sent five of her Andronov class battleships twenty Richtoften class battlecruisers and twenty Rensumburg class heavy cruisers to the Reserve Fleet which gave her more tonnage to build more ships.These battleships were influenced by the Nagato class battleships as the hull design was similar only Nagato had a forward bulge and there were no casemates. However it's superstructure resembled that of the American Colorado class. They were also among the first ships to have secondary 5 inch guns. The Rossiyan used two methods to reduce the weight of the Tarina class which was to use diesel engines and they were constructed with wielding instead of bolting the pieces together. It was fast battleship with a top speed of 30.3 knots. It was heavily armed with twelve 16 inch guns, twelve 5 inch guns and six 3 inch High Angle guns.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 11th, 2014, 5:55 am
Next are the Rossiyan aircraft carrier of the pre-World War 2 that amazed the world, not much the ship but the planes it carried.
Followed by the heavy cruiser, light cruiser, destroyers and submarines of the Rossiyan Navy.
I might include transport ships and oilers

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 11th, 2014, 3:02 pm
Vostok class aircraft carrier
Next are the Rossiyan aircraft carrier class called the Vostok class. It was large aircraft carrier as it was twenty meters longer and twenty meters wider than it nearest comparison, Lexington class aircraft carrier. Another thing that made it unique was that it was the first aircraft carrier to have purpose built twin engined planes operating from her flight deck. These twin engined aircraft usually function as the Rossiyan Navy's heavy bombers, heavy torpedo bombers, reconnaissance planes and cargo planes. Anyway, ten of these carriers were ordered though that order was reduced to five. This class of carrier were quite heavily armed with fourteen 5 inch guns, twelve 90 mm anti-air cannon, fifty six 40 mm anti air cannons, seventy two 25 mm anti-air cannons.
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on October 11th, 2014, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: October 11th, 2014, 4:06 pm
wow. I think you just created the longest and possibly (depending on displacement) largest ship in the world, also more then 50 meters wide (36m+20m)
you build ten of these. I have not read into your background, but as the lexington class carriers are there I suppose there is an washington treaty, so how the hell did you get these monsters into that?
as your design does not include huge sponsons, your ship will also have a waterline beam of at least 40 meters, which means your powerplant must have been quite a bit bigger then that of the lexingtons, asuming a similar speed.

interestingly, the USN had pre-1942 only 7 aircraft carriers. you have just made yourself one the biggest naval powers of the world.

so yeah, I am a bit sceptical about this ship. it seems nicely drawn, but I have doubts about an forrestal sized ship in 1938.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1647 »

Jump to: