Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 21  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1221 »
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 1st, 2014, 8:49 pm
Hello everyone!

So, Thiaria advanced second in her group with four points and only one match won... tight one, so all the more satisfying!

Did I really say that? I really can't be a real German... here, everyone calls for the blood of the coach as soon as we win with less than four goals difference. As if our 2014 team was capable of pulling off a match like the one against Portugal again.

Lucky for team Thiaria that I am perfectly content if they win!

Good luck to all remaining teams and may the best Gaelic-speaking team win! :twisted:

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 9:18 am
Well sadly Caribia is moving toward home... We have 4 years to improve our capabilities... ;-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 3:38 pm
The final round of the group stage - Round 3, part 2:

Group 5:
[ img ][ img ]
Group 6:
[ img ][ img ]
Group 7:
[ img ][ img ]
Group 8:
[ img ][ img ]

Group table in the original post has been updated.

Based on these results, the following teams will be advancing into the Knockout Round:
Avalon
Australia
Great British Republic
Venezuala
Rheinland
Koko
Verusea
Tasmania

The finals table has been added to the original post and will be updated as the finals progress. I'll be travelling all day tomorrow but my plan at this stage is to have round 1 of the knockout round posted Friday night (West Australian time), round 2 posted Saturday night, quarter-finals and semi-finals posted Sunday and Monday night respectively and the final two matches posted on Tuesday night.

I have to say I'm very happy with how the group stage has played out - aside from a few poor teams that didn't record a win all of the teams were very close and in one case the difference between advancing and going home after three matches was a single goal.

EDIT: The finals table will be changed in the next day or so as per a suggestion from BB1987 - the individual matches will remain the same but the layout will be modified slightly.

Last edited by Rowdy36 on July 2nd, 2014, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 4:09 pm
That's definitely what I'd call a very closely contested group.
Koko's team and the whole nation is rejoicing for this unprecedented and unexpected qualification, yet I feel it would be fair and respectful to recognize the laudable efforts of Gotrige, whose team did not advance over ours because of a mere goal.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 5:49 pm
Go Verusea!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 6:36 pm
His Royal and Imperial is pleased that the Rhienland team has made into the knockout stages.

Also here is the team.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 7:20 pm
Congratulations to all the teams that passed to the next stage, and congratulations to all teams for their great effort. :)

And many thanks to Rowdy36 for creating this great competition for us. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 7:22 pm
Congratulation to the Vrijstaat team for its consolatory win ...
And a very big thank you to Rowdy36 for his efforts in this massively complicated thread.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 9:31 pm
Just had to add something. If you all want I can create an entire team list. (but it would be nice with name suggestions, and personally suggestions)

The Royal Haram Football team. They use the Royal king crest as the football team National crest.

[ img ]

The team consist of many local football players, but also some football players playing in other leagues. Among the big stars in the team, we have:

Goalkeeper:
- John Swarsmaster. A 2.05 meter high keeper, weighting in at 105 kg!

He is described by his coach as an: Bohemian, powerhouse, extreme good at field work, good reflex, and cover the entire goal very easy. hi is also known to be quit offensive (he have 5 goal in 24 International matches!)

He is an black belt holder in Karate and are going after brown belt in jiu jitsu.

In media hi is known as them man that live by him self in a forest. where hi use the surrounding during training, he is known to be very good at catching hens. in public, he is known as an man that never complain, ignoring every thing around him and as an party crasher: (at Ron "The King" Rock party, he and Markof was having fun, when he suddenly decided to trow Markof out trough a Window and into a pool, just for fun!")

Defender:
- Bastion Markof.

He is described by his coach as an: Intelligent, offensive defender, that can play as an midfielder. He is also known in his club as an player that can win matches on his own, on good days.

In media he is known as the ambassador, he love to be on TV. He own personally 3 schools in Africa that gets money from hims team mates. He have also a couple of football schools in Africa and Asia, that are supported by his team-mates and coaches.

Striker:
Ron "The King" Rock

He is described by his coach as an: a Complete striker that want to be everywhere on the field and do anything he can for the team. He is also so strong that he is known to be able to keep the ball even when two - three players try to take the ball from him. His trade mark is his very hard placed shots, from either short or long distance.

In media he is known as the clown, always messing around getting in trouble. at one point he managed to irritate the King when he tried to pull the: "Pull my finger"-joke on him!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: World Cup CompetitionPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 11:49 am
My pleasure, I'm glad it's providing some interest :) The original post has been updated to include the re-arranged finals table and the full teams of Haram and the Rheinland Empire.

Great work Heuhen and APDAF, that A330 is certainly eye catching! I might have to try and come up with some names for the Recherche team at some stage...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 21  [ 210 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1221 »

Jump to: