Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 26th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Sounds like a good plan to me Ace :lol: And I think I will call them Colossus and Majestic. Can you do me top view Sea Dragon ?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 26th, 2014, 7:48 pm
I might just do a try for that :P there is an GK top view somewhere around, let me find that first and I'll see if it looks like anything useful. the sea giraffe guidance radar is yours to draw though! :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 26th, 2014, 8:03 pm
Thanks Ace. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 26th, 2014, 8:07 pm
that goalkeeper top view is horrible, I think I start with drawing an EX-83 top view and modify the others as needed :P I am starting now though.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 26th, 2014, 8:43 pm
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3390&p=121098#p121098
there ya go ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 27th, 2014, 7:13 am
Fantastic work! Looking forward to see it finished.

Btw. is there any chance that the " The Alternative Postwar Royal Navy" will be ever continued? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 27th, 2014, 5:26 pm
Thank you eswube. The OGFL has a rather large project on at the moment but I hope at some point it will be continued. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 27th, 2014, 6:15 pm
am i right in reading the extract from the book you put on page 1, this design evolved even further to include a stern door and landing craft to replace Fearless and Intrepid, although in reality we ended up with Ocean, Albion, Bulwark and the Bay class a through deck LSD seems interesting. is this planned too.......

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 8:14 am
It nice to see this one coming together, a smart looking little carrier, exports were probably unlikely though.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 3:45 pm
Might I call attention to this as well?

Vickers Light Fleet Carrier, Flightglobal PDF

The bow part of the sideview doesn't quite add up with the model, but it gives an idea of how the deck lowers near the bow forward of the ski jump.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: