Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 49 of 68  [ 673 posts ]  Go to page « 147 48 49 50 5168 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 11th, 2014, 9:54 am
I hate to say this, but its time to speak up as adm. over the style issues:

no gradient shading. never. Not even once

Its not Shipbucket style and doesen't belong to the style and has been discussed to the death many times in the past. If you wish to use gradient shading on your drawings, I suggest posting them on non-shipbucket section, the AU and Personal design sections are still preserved for drawings that comply with Shipbucket standards.

If you have proplems with Shading and how to properly use them, i suggest take a peak at here, here and here to draw inspiration of quality use of SB shading techniques.

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 11th, 2014, 10:41 am
@Gollevanien: I'll make the change.

@eswube: AA is shorthand for Anti-Aircraft. They're airfield defense.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 11th, 2014, 8:40 pm
A snapshot of the Texas Army in December 1941:

[ img ]

Total Regular Army personnel strength is 26,361, still well below the 30,000 authorized in 1940. Recruiting is slow those years. Most, if not all the units depicted are well below full strength. For example, the combined strength of the 35th Cavalry Brigade, 1st Division and 2nd Division should be about 37,527. The units in greatest need of recruits are the 3rd and 4th Armored Cavalry, and the 39th, 40th, and 41st Infantry Brigades (those five units were activated in 1940 and have been building combat power for two years.)

Unlike the US Army, we don't yet have separate armored divisions. Instead, there are tanks in the Armored Cavalry Regiment in each division. Armored divisions will be developed and activated in 1942.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 11th, 2014, 9:27 pm
Great work on the army structure.
Are the brigades sub-divided into regiments (and these in turn into battalions), or directly into battalions?

Yeah, I know what generally AA stands for, just wasn't sure if it's that in this particular case. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 12th, 2014, 12:34 am
The brigades are still subdivided into regiments. Battalions will come later as the size of a regiment increases. My TO&E for a division is 17,748 right now. As long as I stay under 20,000, I'll tolerate it but I prefer a division of about 15K for agility.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 12th, 2014, 2:45 pm
Red, what about airborne units?

[Profile] [Quote]
macseann
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 12th, 2014, 4:19 pm
Redhorse wrote:
Before World War II starts for Texas (we'll officially declare war on December 9th, two days after recalling Congress following the Pearl Harbor attack), this update shows the structure of the Texas Air Force at the end of 1941:

[ img ]

21 and 22 Bomber Squadrons were activated in February and August, respectively, and equipped with B-25Cs.

I'll provide an update for the Army in the next post, and then attempt to provide a monthly "newsreel" for each month of WWII for all three services - Army, Navy/Marine Corps, and Air Force.
not to be nit-picky, but is there a 12 Squadron? i notice your numbering omits that one.....

brainstaple.com/comeandtakeit

[Profile] [Quote]
macseann
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 12th, 2014, 4:35 pm
Redhorse wrote:
A snapshot of the Texas Army in December 1941:

[ img ]

Total Regular Army personnel strength is 26,361, still well below the 30,000 authorized in 1940. Recruiting is slow those years. Most, if not all the units depicted are well below full strength. For example, the combined strength of the 35th Cavalry Brigade, 1st Division and 2nd Division should be about 37,527. The units in greatest need of recruits are the 3rd and 4th Armored Cavalry, and the 39th, 40th, and 41st Infantry Brigades (those five units were activated in 1940 and have been building combat power for two years.)

Unlike the US Army, we don't yet have separate armored divisions. Instead, there are tanks in the Armored Cavalry Regiment in each division. Armored divisions will be developed and activated in 1942.
Are there internal AA elements within the Army, or are all AA units controlled by the Air Force?

Also how does the size of the Texas army compare with those of the other non-belligerents as of 1940?

this is all awesome. can't wait to see what changes the next 5 years bring!

brainstaple.com/comeandtakeit

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 12th, 2014, 4:36 pm
How's our navy organised? Does it have the same bureau system as the Yankee-navy? (BuOrd, BuNav etc...)

- by a proud fellow Texan! 8-) :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of TexasPosted: May 12th, 2014, 10:43 pm
Quote:
not to be nit-picky, but is there a 12 Squadron? i notice your numbering omits that one.....
12th Balloon Squadron was de-activated to provide personnel for 20th Training Squadron. It was the only barrage balloon squadron in service. I just haven't reactivated it.
Quote:
How's our navy organised? Does it have the same bureau system as the Yankee-navy? (BuOrd, BuNav etc...)
Naval organization is a bit nebulous. I'm an Army Officer so I have to avoid the temptation to do it the way the Army would do it. It generally follows US Navy practice. I'll post an organizational diagram at some point, but I'd rather focus on the operational forces.
Quote:
Are there internal AA elements within the Army, or are all AA units controlled by the Air Force?

Also how does the size of the Texas army compare with those of the other non-belligerents as of 1940?
The Army has point air defense assets in the tactical maneuver units and coast defense sites. The Air Force maintains air defense assets for airfields, but will expand that role during the war to protect critical infrastructure and high value targets.

Compared with the other non-belligerents as of 1940? We are much smaller. My next post will be the top five strategic projects for each service in 1942 (it'll give you a clue as to where things will head during the war.) Airborne units are one of the five for the Army.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 49 of 68  [ 673 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 147 48 49 50 5168 »

Jump to: