Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 48 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5052 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 6th, 2014, 1:55 pm
The hornets are great, though we naturally want the oversee users as well :lol:
Also good work with the harriers, and the previous Italian Bi-planes. FD scale is devolping really well

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 6th, 2014, 3:18 pm
DP, only one gripe, it's F/A-18, not FA-18, other than that, Great Work!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 6th, 2014, 5:22 pm
Fantastic additions!

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 7th, 2014, 5:56 am
Me 262A-1a (Reworked...again)
[ img ]

Alright so this is the third time I have redone the Me 262... :x I thought I had the lineup of variants finished a couple days ago until i noticed I had horribly messed up the drawing and had to go back and add/rework details. I hope this is not too much detail and I should have the rest of the variants finished since I have this as a basis and can go from there. If there is anything wrong or if something needs to be changed please point it out for me.

Regards,
Imperialist

In addition here is a sneak peek of the Ta-154A:
[ img ]
(Ta-154C is a WIP)

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 7th, 2014, 9:39 am
Nice work on Me-262 "contour-wise".
But I have some significant concerns overall, though.
One is that it seems that it looks that although the plane seems to be in "generic color/natural metal", You've used NINE shades of it (sometimes looking to be applied bit randomly) plus there are still stray pixels in at least two more shades (making it ELEVEN). Sorry, but that's just awfully too much (and impractical). I've never used more than five shades of any color, with four being usually enough (and the fifth - if ever used - only for literally seveal pixels per whole plane). (see note below)

[ img ]

Another thing, but that's just my personal idee fixe, is that panel lines in some places would look better if they were made more "regular" and parallel to (black) contours - end less blurry on the bottom part of the wing (most noticeable I pointed with grey arrows).
I would also suggest that You make the weels "typical" way - with the "rubber part" outline in black both on outside contour and inside contour (and I think that "metal" part of the nosewheel was relatively smaller).
Minor nit-pick would be to outline the cannon barrels in darker shade (maybe even black).

Ta-154 I didn't check on that, though.

Note - actually some of my blanks have two sets of grey/metal on it, but that's one set "overall blank grey" (for areas that are due to be repainted in various ways) and one set "natural bare metal" (for places that are supposed to remain unpainted) - it can be seen on some drawings of large airliners, with "natural bare metal" being used in places like engine intakes, leading edges etc. - still, no more of 5 shades of each is used and there is always a clean division between area using one shade set and another.
(anyway, as far as I remember, there weren't many "natural metal" parts on real-life Me-262's in combat units).

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 8th, 2014, 3:16 pm
As I did the C17 seemed a shame not to do its bigger older brother....... still got some work to do ....

Lockheed C5 Galaxy
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 8th, 2014, 3:20 pm
*Jaw drops*

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 8th, 2014, 4:38 pm
In the words of Prof. Harry Phineas, "Great Googly-Moogly!"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 8th, 2014, 6:03 pm
Very nice!

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: May 8th, 2014, 7:09 pm
Nice work :D

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 48 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5052 »

Jump to: