Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 25  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 25 »
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 8:29 pm
I personally like the new colour. Are we allowed to follow suit with our Kriegsmarine and Kaiserliche Marine ships?

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on May 6th, 2014, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 11:12 pm
Great work, DG! Looking forward to the 'never-built' Hippers!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 10:54 am
Very nice work and a great addition.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 3:17 pm
Okay, once again thanks for the comments.

@Colombamike:
Thank you for pointing out those issues, those photos you added will certainly help, I'll make the changes when I have the time.
A couple of questions:
-I can try to add something like camo-nets, but I don't really have a reference on how exactly those were originally deployed. The photos only show the ship in the damaged state.
-You marked the radar platform on the second mast, I assume you disagree with the shape/form?
-You also marked the barrels on the upper 40mm flak. Is this only about the barrel elevation?
-The comment about 'house camo' on the 3m-Rangefinder house: The photo shows camoflage pattern, yes, but isn't this the front view? There doesn't seem to be camo on the side.

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:19 pm
This has been a remarkable series! Excellent work on some of the most beautiful cruisers ever built!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:49 pm
DG_Alpha wrote:
I can try to add something like camo-nets, but I don't really have a reference on how exactly those were originally deployed. The photos only show the ship in the damaged state.
I agree with you, draw camouflage is very hard
but sometimes some are very "courageous" :mrgreen:
[ img ]
DG_Alpha wrote:
You marked the radar platform on the second mast, I assume you disagree with the shape/form?
Hmmm, maybe, but forget it
Sometimes I'm too extreme/meticulous.
DG_Alpha wrote:
You also marked the barrels on the upper 40mm flak. Is this only about the barrel elevation?
DG_Alpha wrote:
The comment about 'house camo' on the 3m-Rangefinder house: The photo shows camoflage pattern, yes, but isn't this the front view? There doesn't seem to be camo on the side.
Look here various critics about details
[ img ]
Your drawing lack maybe others very small details such as ladders, life-rafts & portholes, but I am not a Expert in German ships

But good work, your drawing is "remarquable" ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
dryA
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 4th, 2014, 1:30 pm
Hi, it is my first time here. Some postwar photos further clarify the 'house-camo' pattern of both sides, in particular FOUR windows on the starboard side of the stack and one further window depicted on the 3-meter Rangefinder house.
[ img ][/img]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
dryA
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 4th, 2014, 1:34 pm
New attempt:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 4th, 2014, 8:28 pm
Thanks for those photos. Looks like its back to the drawing board for this one...

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Germany - Admiral Hipper class Heavy CruiserPosted: May 5th, 2014, 2:29 am
Superb, superb, superb! Great thread DG_Alpha!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 25  [ 241 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 25 »

Jump to: