Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1527 »
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 7th, 2014, 1:53 pm
Quote:
Craig, when I look at your wonderful drawings, it hurts my eyes looking at your just horrible cup. I think you've just had converted a silhouette, because there were a lot of pixel errors :? I took the liberty to look at America's Cup's official homepage and made this for you ;)
Actually, it was from a photo of the original cup without added sections below.

1) Thought about converting the current sail emblem but didn't. I figured that Oracle and the America's Cup organization might be pissy about copyright.

2) It's possible that the pixel errors stemmed from conversion from Corel at 600dpi to MS Paint at 96dpi. I also scaled down my artwork so it took up less space on the Template to fit X-sections. That chewed up the artwork as well. Some of the errors are actually decorative curvy bits on the cup. Looking at your artwork they won't be missed.

Thanks for the new trophy!

Redondo:
It's brutal drawing sails this detailed for sure! :lol: But the end result is cool. Yours at what looks to be FD scale will be spectacular. Advice, don't look up details on sail construction. It'll add even more drawing time.

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 29th, 2014, 5:56 am
This sad and ugly result was the near fate of the Rona/Woodside, she most likely have appeared like this in PNG during the second world war, she would be like this until the mid 60's when she was recovered from languishing on the Yarra

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 29th, 2014, 7:40 am
Great work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 29th, 2014, 1:29 pm
Nice work Rodondo! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 29th, 2014, 2:17 pm
Thank-you guys!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 29th, 2014, 2:18 pm
a little gem.

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 30th, 2014, 1:13 pm
Redondo,
Interesting drawing and a bit sad that Rona/Woodside!

Between you and a conversation with Alvama I got a bit inspired and have a couple projects in the works, so sorry I've disappeared (work has been busy lately too).

Working up a series of Baltimore Clippers (1750-1850ish) damned hard to draw in SB scale since most were 70'-100' length-waterline which makes rigging brutal to draw.

Revisiting the USS Wasp (1807) in FD Scale. Rigging the beast now.
[ img ]

The drawing has quite a bit of work still to be done. A minor headache will be fixing line-work errors that are the result of converting vector line-work to raster line-work. May (or may not do a non-graded shaded revision...It really POPS as a graded drawing). May add stay and studding sails...at least some of them, it's crazy what was on the ship's sail inventory (imagine sails stacked on sails with a little hull visible at the waterline... :D )

CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 30th, 2014, 4:06 pm
WOW! looks amazing so far.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: April 30th, 2014, 5:57 pm
Wow! Seems we have a growing competition to ALVAMA. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Eturu
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 3:56 pm
Here is my second SB ship, small and simple as sailing ships go. The scourge of the Mediterranean or just a simple trader (whats the fun in that? :D ). A 16th century Arabian, Xebec:
[ img ]

Last edited by Eturu on May 3rd, 2014, 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1527 »

Jump to: