Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 11  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 911 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 11th, 2014, 8:09 am
Very impressive art, these are lovely to look at with fine details and nice shading and colours too. Magnificent work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 11th, 2014, 8:24 am
Wow! Awesome work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 11th, 2014, 4:24 pm
Indeed really neat ones

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 11th, 2014, 7:21 pm
Very good works of art. All the variations of the same general design gives depth to the thread. Good work & very well done.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 12th, 2014, 6:50 am
I looked them again with some time, and wow, they've even better than when I first took look at them. This springtime for Shipbucket has been tremendeous

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 12th, 2014, 8:30 am
Impressive work, indeed!

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 12th, 2014, 11:20 am
Fantastic work on all those ships!

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 12th, 2014, 5:29 pm
I do not see ugly ships. I see wonderful drawings.

Weisman Worklist
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 504#p72223

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 16th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Hello everyone!

Thank you for all the praise!

Something more from Russia: The battleship Tsesarevich, built in France between 1899 and 1903 to a prototypically french design with high unarmoured hull sides, drastic tumblehome and turret-mounted secondaries. She was delivered in a white-buff livery:

[ img ]

and painted olive green for the war against Japan. Apart from adding a charthouse behind the foremast, cutting away part of the bulwark around the quarterdeck and moving the aft hull mounted searchlight to the superstructure, she was unchanged:

[ img ]

She received some significant external changes by being shot up by the Japanese in the Yellow sea so badly that she had to run for Kiaochow and let herself be interned for the remainder of the war, thus becoming the sole battleship of the original far eastern squadron to remain in russian hands when the war was over. After the war, she was reconstructed to a somewhat more austere design, with all 47mm and 37mm guns landed, the big fighting tops removed, charthouse behind the foremast removed, the superstructure aft considerably cut down and the above-water torpedo tubes removed. Later on, she received wireless rig between the masts and two antiair guns on the aft superstructure, in exchange landing all but four of the 75mm guns as well. In this state, she fought in the first world war and was much more active than Russia's dreadnoughts. After the February revolution, Tsesarevich received the new name Grazhdanin (Citizen). She survived the war, but was scrapped in the mid-twenties.

[ img ]

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: April 16th, 2014, 10:13 pm
Friggin' awesome job!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 11  [ 106 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 911 »

Jump to: