Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2541 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 10:13 pm
LordBladaime wrote:
what do you think about the ship now?
Well...
Quote:
Three secondary calibres is completetly unnecessary and a complete waste of space and weight. 15", 11", and 6" is completly superflous. If you want something heavier than 6" I'd go for the 8"/60 used on the Admiral Hipper class. They were quite powerful for the calibre, as well as having a long range. Anything bigger would be more likely to get in the way.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 10:46 pm
the reason why I kept those high caliber guns because it makes the ship look cool trust me if I thought there was a way to put the original guns on it I would have, but the problem is they don't exist on shipbucket or the internet because no one has made a parts page for them. so I ask again please make a parts page for them so I can make the ship to its original design, I can't help you if you don't help me... see?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 10:48 pm
'original' guns that are not on the internet? are they non-existend just as the rest of the design?

you are free to draw those parts yourself, you know.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 11:07 pm
Hi LordBladaime,

When you say this:
LordBladaime wrote:
they don't exist on shipbucket or the internet because no one has made a parts page for them
Do you mean these:
LordBladaime wrote:
Secondary: 12 – 9.45”/73 (24cm) Long Range AA guns (12 x 1)
Tertiary: 24 – 5.04”/60 (12.8cm) AA guns (12 x 2)
Light: 5.5cm/77 Gerat 58, 30mm AA guns
Because I can tell you now that I can't think of anybody off-hand who'd draw those. They just fundamentally don't work as guns - the largest AA guns in use in WWII were, I think, 150mm. As to the others, I don't know if it's bad form to quote yourself, but, well, here you go...
apdsmith wrote:
With regards to the 30mm, I *think* LordBladaime is referring to the 30mm quad that lazer_one used on his H45 drawing - the part can be found on that thread - I'm afraid I don't have the link at the moment, but it's linked at least once in this thread.

With regards to the twin 128mm, there's a part in the Kriegsmarine parts thread that I drew - I think it's accurate, and nobody's complained, but nobody's had call to use it either - your choice.
I'd also note that the secondaries described on the spec are all listed as AA (although I presume they'd in actuality be DP guns) - yet your drawing has only 6 mounts for heavy AA, less than Bismarck - this I do not understand, if your intent is to follow the spec.

Regards,
Adam

Edit: made reference to 240mm AA guns clearer...

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 24th, 2014, 6:02 pm
I am making a parts sheet for the guns from the original design for this ship, (the parts sheet doesn't have the main caliber guns included because they are already on the ship. when I am done with it, I will post it up here.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 24th, 2014, 7:33 pm
OK, I think I'm done. I don't believe I can contribute anything more to this thread and I don't want to turn this into just nagging, so I'm out, I think...

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 27th, 2014, 7:55 pm
i have the ship progress I want, But these dang guns... trying to get them right is pissing me off. see:

[ img ]

I will get them right... if it is the last thing I do!!

LordBladaime over and out

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 27th, 2014, 7:57 pm
try draw the internals of the turret (in rough lines) if you cannot grasp the exact size it all should be.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 27th, 2014, 7:57 pm
ok

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 27th, 2014, 7:59 pm
one question ... what are the lines on the superstructure for?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2541 »

Jump to: